Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 7:53:08 PM EDT
How many people here on AR-15 talk about sacrifice and have almost no Idea about what real sacrifice is.

[b]Sacrifice Defined: [noun:] 1. The offering of something to a deity.  2a.The forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of someone or something considered to have a greater value or claim.2b. something so forfeited 3a. a relinquishing of something at less than its presumed value. 3b. a loss so sustained[/b]

people talk about the military and conscription and what they think and someone always brings up that to be in the military is a sacrifice. It’s only a sacrifice if it’s conscription or if you lose your desire to be there (which makes you a risk anyway you look at it.) sacrifice is many things taking food from your mouth and giving it to your child is not a “sacrifice” it’s  your DUTY. Taking the food from your child’s mouth to give to another child that’s sacrifice. How can it be sacrifice to be in the military if you ask a soldier who is about to die on the battle field “if you could be anywhere you wanted right now where would you be ?” and the soldier answers you “right here with my buddies” that is not sacrifice its his obligation to his own personal morals and to his self. Before you are so quick to claim that you sacrificed something by being in the military think about what you are saying.

I served in the military and I was away from my family and my children. Yet I sacrificed nothing I did what my own personal morals required me to do. Even if I had died it wouldn’t have been a sacrifice because  I was there doing what I wanted to do.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So, says you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations BURN, you understand!

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top