User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 12:16:37 PM EDT
Oh man, this gun gives me a woody.

[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3025381[/url]

Everything but the price, that is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
[shock] Never fired!? Did you check the serial number and all the accessories? Last bid was 2,550. I would give him a "buy now" bid of 2,600 [:D]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why the gun arouses me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem with a rifle like this is that it's what I would like to have but I WANT TO SHOOT IT! If you do shoot it it looses that "never fired status". I would deffinately like to be in that delima though![:D] I have a NRA limited edition Springfield 45 ported compact with a low serial number. It had been shot when I got it but is still a beautiful gun and I hate to shoot it myself but have. My guns are all shooters so I would really hesitate to buy such a rifle. It would drive me crazy to have it just "sitting" there! It's like buying a Lamborgini and putting it up on blocks in your garage! Whupeeee!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
"schwinnnnng"
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
M14, with an ART scope AND a night vision scope??? For $2,550????

I don't think so.

The night vision scope alone would be worth that much, I beleive.

If you can take it away from him at that price, I say go for it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice piece. If I bought it I would definitely shoot the hell out of it though. May as well buy a painting if you just want something to look at.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Garandman..the last bid was 2,550..there are 5 days to go on the bidding! Man can you just imagine having that sitting around and just taking it out to look at it! It's like the lamborgini thing.. Your buddies say wow what will she do? How does it handle? Is it expensive to operate? You say to them...Uh I don't know I've never driven it! [BD]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#8]
hmmmmm...wonder what his wife thinks about a cosmoline covered gun on that white table cloth?
[argue]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Umm, the NODS looks like the OLD M-3 setup.. Those were really cheap about 10 years ago. It's an active infrared scope..not light enhancing, thus the need for the funny looking spotlight. I don't remember em being sold for over 500.00 then..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone on the battlerifles.com M1A forum made this comment, which is worth noting:

Anyone thinking of bidding on this had better check it's history. There were some AMU type M14 rifles converted to NM specs that were "loaned" to high-power competitors years ago. They cannot be sold, and are regarded as Machineguns under the 1934 NFA by ATF. I'm not saying that this is one of them, but it never hurts to check.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top