Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 8:03:09 AM EDT
Is it just me or do others have problems with Botach Tactical!  It seems that whenever I order they never have the item they are advertising on their email sales OR otherwise in stock (seems like a bait and switch thing).  This has happened to me twice and both times I've canceled my order.  They don't even have the courtesy to tell you the item is out of stock.  You don't realize this until a month later when you never receive the item you ordered.  

Just wanted to let you guys know (probably already do) so we can put a lousy company out of business.    
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It is hit or miss with Botach.  I've ordered about 3 times from them and get what I ordered within the week.  I've heard tons of horror stories, guess I've always been lucky.

Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
They did alright by me, though I have also heard the horror stories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar experience, ordered, not in stock, canceled the order. As I recall they eventually notified me, but well after the product SHOULD have arrived on my doorstep, and I had been complaining for days.  No, I won't try to buy from them again.

I can say that Galati International has been wonderful. I order, it arrives - fast. This is the way it should work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m sorry but I had to laugh when I saw this thread. It seems like for every satisfied customer, there’s someone who went through backorder hell. For their part, they do seem to have decent prices. But a price is only good if you actually get the product.

My experience:
I ordered various ASP and Inova micro-lights via their site. A day later I check their online order status and find my order has been placed on hold. They answer my email inquiry and say that a couple of the items were backordered. No big deal, right? Happens all the time.

Three weeks pass and the order is still on hold. I get some girl on their customer service line. She tells me which items are backordered. Is there an equivalent item in stock? Yes, she says there is. The light color is the same but the body color is different. How about a substitute? She says they can do that. Three more weeks pass and nothing arrives. Apparently, just because she said they can substitute an item doesn’t mean they would actually do it.

As civil as I can, I call and get a different guy. When he hears that I want to cancel the order, he offers a substitute micro-light and the order would go out Next Day Air. Nope, I just want to cancel the order. Either he didn’t hear that part or he’s ignoring me because he needs my credit card info again. Why? He explains that after 30 days, that information expires (?????). Well you know what? It wasn’t expired when I called three weeks before that and they took no action for my order. Cancel it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Whether or not they would care is a good question, but does Botach Tactical know how the board feels about them as a whole?
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Sportsmans Guide is just like BOtach with this backorder crap.  Every thing I order that's out of stock is given an expected ship date of few weeks from when I order.  Those weeks drag into months.  Latest - Greek 124gr 9mm; supposed to ship 2/2; now expected to ship 3/4.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Botach indeed sucks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta say that I am less than impressed with Botach. Have had several incidents where I've ordered, or almost ordered, items and found that they do NOT have them. Their telephone support is equally as bad. They are on my official "stay away from" list.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Same bad news story here.  I doubt I will ever bother with them again.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]
My story seems to mirror a lot of others:
1.  Place an order
2.  Wait three weeks and THEN learn that they didn't have the item to begin with.
3.  Call to cancel order (they ask for CC# again and tell you it may take 2 months).
4.  Two months later, receive the item you tried to cancel.

They're prices are nice, and some orders went fine, but most do not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
So...what else is new
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Been waiting for a tactical sling...
waiting, waiting, waiting. No reply to emails so I have to waste a dime to make a call. Talk to some freakin idiot fresh off the boat who doesnt know shit and says he'll call back. Of course that took forever. Then I get a message that the item I ordered is "not in stock". I told em I wanted my money refunded. They feed me some bullshit about filling out a request. I wanna speak to a supervisor but no one's around. The the little shit on the phone tells me not to get upset and stop being rude and disconnects. ^$#^$#!^$@Q$#^!$#!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I sure am sorry to read you guys are having  problems with Botach. I for one never had problems getting what I ordered. And I've bought alot of items from them.  Sure hope your problems get resoled.  LOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top