BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ironically, prescription meth was #23 among most sold legal drugs last year.

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/prescription-drug-sales.htm

Dextroamphetamine <> Methamphetamine

Same family, different drug...

MDMA (X) is also an 'amphetamine' drug, but it's different from 'Meth' as well...

Meth *did* get started in the US as a legal perscription, before it's 'side effects' were well known...

It's still available to be perscribed (Meth is a Sched 2 drug) under TIGHTLY controlled circumstances because of this...

ADD meds zone me the fuck out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Another complete failure of the "War on Drugs".

Oh yeah...blame fucking idiot dopers that die or pollute simply because we don't want this poison sold on the shelves.  Dude...grow up and experience the real world a time or two.  There is this big world outside your mother's basement...and if drugs were legalized here, it would be a plague that would never subside.  It would swallow children and our communities.  You don't want that sort of shit (or any sort of illegal drugs) legalized for generic consumption.  There might be a time...hundreds of years from now when we as a species (and as a country) might be ready for drug legalization...but it ain't now and it ain't going to be anytime in the near future.  The current mindset of your average human being is "more, more, more, now, now , now"––-add dope to that equation and yep, you guessed it.  You'll end up with 10 times the problems you have now...except now, it'll spill into schools and into the very heart of our communities.  Screw that shit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We spend billions and what do we get???

stronger pot and a quicker crank recipe.

But the WoD is forcing innovation in the name of profits. Its a success, otherwise people will be happy with brick mexican weed and meth from cooks. The fact they are able to cook meth while driving down the highway is a success. Don't let the dopers bring you down. We are winning this battle. The end is near!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah...blame fucking idiot dopers that die or pollute simply because we don't want this poison sold on the shelves.  Dude...grow up and experience the real world a time or two.  There is this big world outside your mother's basement...and if drugs were legalized here, it would be a plague that would never subside.  It would swallow children and our communities.  You don't want that sort of shit (or any sort of illegal drugs) legalized for generic consumption.  There might be a time...hundreds of years from now when we as a species (and as a country) might be ready for drug legalization...but it ain't now and it ain't going to be anytime in the near future.  The current mindset of your average human being is "more, more, more, now, now , now"––-add dope to that equation and yep, you guessed it.  You'll end up with 10 times the problems you have now...except now, it'll spill into schools and into the very heart of our communities.  Screw that shit.

There are far more legal drugs, that will get you higher than a kite, then there are illegal ones. So clearly, its not all drugs that will swallow children and communities. Exactly what is the difference between the Vietnam vet hooked on morphine until the day he dies, provided by Uncle Sam, and the wine-o on the corner, the pothead in the dorm, and methhead in the local trailer park? Where is the line drawn for you?

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:54:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In other words, not a whole lot different than it is right now.

The more you remove the responsibility of the individual, and give that control to the goverment, the more irresponsible people behave.

If the only thing stopping someone from doing meth is that it is illegal, they will soon overcome that obstacle. Or, they would just go to booze, since that is legal. The war on drugs is an total failure, and personally, I believe it is greater cause of the problem, than a solution to it.

Look at the strides which have been made in reducing the number of tobacco users.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 2:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Guy at my local Wal-Mart was arrested after buying two boxes of generic Sudafed, going to the in-store restroom, and doing the shake and bake method.

This was a few years ago.

Nothing new.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 3:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
here they call it the "one pot" method
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If there is any oxygen at all in the bottle, it has a propensity to make a giant fireball," said Sgt. Jason Clark of the Missouri State Highway Patrol's Divisionof Drug and Crime Control. "You're not dealing with rocket scientistshere anyway. If they get unlucky at all, it can have a very devastatingreaction."

[div]One little mistake, such as unscrewing the bottle cap too fast, can result in a huge blast, and police in Alabama, Oklahoma and other states have linked dozens of flash fires this year — some of them fatal — to meth manufacturing

Sounds like a problem that solves itself

Sounds like a win win situation.  Unfortunately I would bet most of them wind up in intensive care and we all have to foot the medical bill for the dumb shits!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If you outlaw drugs only outlaws....

It's just ridiculous.
I wish they'd legalize it, tax the shit out of it (and leave my smokes alone) and call it a day....
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

I wish they'd legalize it, tax the shit out of it (and leave my smokes alone) and call it a day....

If you "tax the shit out of itTM" it's not going to solve any problems.  The higher the tax, the more effort people will put into avoiding it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It really sux when you are stuffed up and miserable with a headache and fever to have to jump thru hoops at the counterperson to get a simple pack of cold medicine..

No shit!

If assholes want to rot their teeth out, LET THEM!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Legalize the d*mn stuff and let the druggies OD themselves.  It can be a self-cleaning proposition.  Who needs druggies anyway?
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It really sux when you are stuffed up and miserable with a headache and fever to have to jump thru hoops at the counterperson to get a simple pack of cold medicine..

Just cough and leave a big pile of snorted up phlegm on the counter for each 30 seconds they make you wait.

Why? It isnt the counterpersons fault. Some of you people are really ignorant.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

If you "tax the shit out of itTM" it's not going to solve any problems.  The higher the tax, the more effort people will put into avoiding it.

Cigarettes and alcohol, anyone?
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep. I have been fighting a sinus infection for awhile now, I dont even get the good over the counter stuff cause its such a huge PITA to get now. I look for it go perscription only eventually. Yet another reason to hate meth heads

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So now the cops can bust me for having a drug lab or drug making equipment if I buy a 2 liter bottle of Coke.

Before you laugh, remember the guy busted for having tic tacs in his mouth. He spent 90 days in jail for it. The state drug lab confirmed it was breath mints.

NO SHIT here ..  It could be you .  
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A new method that makes it easier for the meth heads to set themselves on fire.

I'm all for it.

My thoughts exactly..............
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've always wondered how a few packs of poison put into cocaine or heroin clandestinely would clean up the addict population.

That would be a war on drugs I could get behind.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

Yeah.  No one bootlegs those.
There's a slight difference, too.  The taxes on those took decades to reach "tax the shit out of it" levels.  There was plenty of time for a legal industry to build up to be taxed.  If meth went from illegal to legal with "tax the shit out of it taxes" overnight, most people would lol and ignore the revenuers.  Not all, of course.   Some would be willing to pay the tax in exchange for legality and the likely safety oversights that would come with it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:26:26 AM EDT
[#21]
This would be an excellent way for cities to fix homelessness problems.  

1)Disperse fliers with the heading "Make money easy by making drugs"
2)Put said drug recipe on flier
3)??????????
4)Profit!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:26:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

I know there's a large bootleg market in cigarettes. Someone else would have to speak regarding alcohol.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm constantly amused by the people who cry about drug use due to the property damage and violent crime conducted by some drug users, then turn around and beat their chests about how great it would be to murder people indiscriminately.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So now the cops can bust me for having a drug lab or drug making equipment if I buy a 2 liter bottle of Coke.

Before you laugh, remember the guy busted for having tic tacs in his mouth. He spent 90 days in jail for it. The state drug lab confirmed it was breath mints.

Constructive intent!  Yikes!  I have a 2 liter soda bottle in my car, and a couple instant cold packs in my BOB.  If I buy a box of sudephed from an all-night CVS, I'll have everything needed for a meth lab... top it off, I'll have my CCW!

This could be very bad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are for legalization so that natural selection can take place.  It is up to the childs parents to keep them off drugs, not society and the stupid laws that are enacted that only inconvienence.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Here is my Idea:

Make a super drug that gets you high but leaves you sterile

And then Give it away for free to whoever wants it.

Way to go Mr_Harry.

I'd like to add another solution for society's woes: Feed the Homeless to the Hungry.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Legalize the d*mn stuff and let the druggies OD themselves.  It can be a self-cleaning proposition.  Who needs druggies anyway?

+1
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Ahh, another drug thread. What a surprise.

Just a note, if you are going thru 300 tabs of Sudafed a month then you are not following dosage directions. (2 every 4 hours, max for 2 weeks)

Since you are not following dosage directions I'd like to point out that Sudafed is not working for you and you really need to explore other options.

As for "going thru the hoops" You go to the counter and show your driver's license. Big whoop. I go thru more hassle getting nitroglycerine spray and alpha blockers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#29]
This is ancient history, here in the "Bible Belt" <Tulsa>.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:44:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

add dope to that equation and yep, you guessed it.  You'll end up with 10 times the problems you have now...except now, it'll spill into schools and into the very heart of our communities.  Screw that shit.

Uh...look at the world around you

METH has already done that...

If weed and other softer drugs were legal we would not have a problem with meth..

Let's see $20 worth of toxic crap and risk blowing your head off or $5 to go to the local store and buy some shit to get high? The choice is obvious.

Your always going to have people who want to spend their lives drunk and stoned...and no matter what you do, they WILL find a way to do it.

I'd rather it be legal and tax the fuck out of it...

The war on drugs has done nothing but make the problem worse...besides, it is costing honest people like me a lot of personal freedoms.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm constantly amused by the people who cry about drug use due to the property damage and violent crime conducted by some drug users, then turn around and beat their chests about how great it would be to murder people indiscriminately.

It's not indiscriminate.  They only want to murder law breakers and other undesirable members of Society.  It's for the Greater Good.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:48:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

add dope to that equation and yep, you guessed it.  You'll end up with 10 times the problems you have now...except now, it'll spill into schools and into the very heart of our communities.  Screw that shit.

Uh...look at the world around you

METH has already done that...

If weed and other softer drugs were legal we would not have a problem with meth..

Let's see $20 worth of toxic crap and risk blowing your head off or $5 to go to the local store and buy some shit to get high? The choice is obvious.

Your always going to have people who want to spend their lives drunk and stoned...and no matter what you do, they WILL find a way to do it.

I'd rather it be legal and tax the fuck out of it...

The war on drugs has done nothing but make the problem worse...besides, it is costing honest people like me a lot of personal freedoms.

Really?   Can you prove that?  

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not any worse that checking in for a flight

And that makes either OK?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm all for it.

Unfortunately, people like me will then have to clean up the mess....
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm all for it.

This right here. Seems to me the problem could be pretty self-correcting
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Here is my Idea:

YAAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#37]

ETA: Lol, extra crispy!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here is my Idea:

Works for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

Some people have quit smoking.  Alot of others are actively avoiding the taxes any way they can.  Yes, people really do bootleg cigarettes.

And the taxes on booze haven't curtailed drinking.  At least where beer is involved, the industry has kept the end price consistently low DESPITE constant tax increases by increasing efficiency and lowering cost of production.

Besides, tax alcohol all you want.  Put the tax high enough, and people will just start making it for themselves in larger numbers.  And there's not much the government can do to catch them at it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Note to Mr. Juozapavicius:  They've been doing this for years.

I dealt with a meth lab back in 2002 which was just an erlenmeyer flask, tubing, and a plastic bag.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've always wondered how a few packs of poison put into cocaine or heroin clandestinely would clean up the addict population.

More than likely, it wouldn't do much beyond killing a few people before the rest of them figured it out.   When people start dying, doctors and medical examiners will want to know why, and they'll announce their findings.  The addict community is a community.  They know each other.  When they realize that one dealer has bad drugs, they'll go to another one.  Heroin and cocaine have multiple avenues into the country, so you could only get some of them.  Others would remain clear.

Then there's the fact that they're addicts.  They're not thinking right.  Lots of people die from heroin overdoses every year.  The rest of them do it anyway.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm well when you're done holding your nose high in the air and looking down at other people, you might want to actually get out in the real world and find out that any drug you could possibly want is available whether it's legal or not.  Your arguments are the same made when prohibition was passed.  Guess what - drugs are already "in our schools".  Do you think nobody in the "very heart" of your community does drugs? Half your neighbors are probably smoking weed.  My decision to not do meth is because I know the side effects - not because somebody tells me I can't do it.

Your argument also sounds a lot like what people were saying when they removed the daytime speed limit from MT highways (I lived there at the time).  "Oh no! Everybody is going to go flying off the side of the road and crash into a big fireball!"  The assumption was the only thing limiting people from accelerating to their car's max speed and killing themselves was a sign on the side of the road.  Lo and behold, the speed limit got repealed and highway deaths went down.  People can actually figure out things on their own.  I know that will make your head explode - hardly anybody got speeding tickets yet highway traffic fatalities DECREASED.  Wow! Who would have thought?

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Read this.Phoenix Rising
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's just ridiculous.

are you still smoking??????

I know your pix were smokin'...but I didn't think you were....
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
For being a bunch of druggies, they can be quite smart.

One more reason to legalize. I saw that Mexico is changing their laws. Possesion will only result in jail time after your 3rd bust.

There are absolutely NO good reasons to legalize meth...

NONE.

No matter what you do, meth-heads will still be dysfunctional, criminal freaks...

They will still disassemble your car in the parking lot, or strip the copper wire out of houses to buy meth, weather they are buying it from Walgreens, from a corner dealer, or mixing it in what amounts to a super-duper MRE-bomb...

The best thing we can hope for, with Meth, actually is this 'soda bottle' shit - the more users blow themselves up, the better....

If we're going to hope they kill themselves off, why not just do it for them?  I would be all for legalizing meth if it was also legal to blow away any meth zombies trying to steal your things.  We would get rid of them quicker that way.

I was going to type the same thing...you saved me time.  Want to do meth, do it quietly and cause no trouble.  Become a super raging nut and/or criminal, be treated like a coyote - open season all year round.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always wondered how a few packs of poison put into McDonalds cocaine or heroinSpam and cheap canned beer. clandestinely would clean up the addict population.

That would be a war on drugs I could get behind.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Or try to buy it at night when the fucking pharmacy is closed.

Fuck you, you cock suckers for infringing on my liberties to buy the fucking medication I need.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just cough and leave a big pile of snorted up phlegm on the counter for each 30 seconds they make you wait.

polarbare

That person at the counter did not make the law causing your inconvenience.  They have to follow the law just like you have to pay taxes.

Thank the tweekers for causing this problem and your congressman for "fixing" it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#49]
thats fucking great!
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Meth heads are exactly the people who's healthcare we are all going to end up paying for.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top