User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2001 10:02:33 AM EDT
Just when you've heard it all...

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/01/25/sawed.off.hand.ap/index.html

Man accidentally saws off hand, then shoots nails into head
January 25, 2001
Web posted at: 6:33 AM EST (1133 GMT)

BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A Pennsylvania construction worker accidentally cut off his hand with a power saw and then shot himself in the head with a nail gun several times, apparently hoping to end his pain, police said.

William Bartron, 25, had at least a dozen 1-inch nails protruding from his scalp, police said. He underwent surgery to reattach the hand and was hospitalized in stable condition Wednesday, said his employer Greg Soltis.

Bartron severed his hand Tuesday while using a miter saw in the basement of another man's home, police said.

After finding Bartron, the man called emergency. Soltis arrived a short time later.

Soltis said Bartron had shot several nails into his head with a pneumatic gun "because he could not stand the pain from the amputation," according to police.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
For once in my life I am truely speechless.

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
what a dick
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
a real dork, but i thought the darwin awards went to those who had been removed from the gene pool--i.e. died.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top