Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2002 10:22:48 AM EDT
I found this article that gives the candidates views on various subjects including gun control.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/1012386620153655.xml

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't stand that asshole Rendell!

Word has it when he was mayor if you have a CCW and a Philly cop stopped you and you are carrying they take your gun to "check if it was used in a crime" and get it back months later after lots of legal hassle.  Don't know if it is true but he's definitly someone we don't need.  

I met Tom Ridge 2 years ago at the Eastern Sports show at the farm complex in Harrisburg.  He was talkking to a taxidermist and admiring his display of big bucks.  He was freindly and shook my hand.  We chatted a little about the proposed deer mangament changes, He asked MY opinion of PA hunting and fishing opportunities! Doubt we would ever see Rendell there.  We need a pro gun governor.  Most of PA is rural(2/3 still forested) and fell into the "red" during the presidential election but Philly and Pittsburgh are densely populated with gun hating assholes.  The key is to motivate the rural non-voting community.  I could see Rendell turning PA into another NJ.  He's a big name in PA politics and everyone else seems obscure.  I don't know where he stands in the polls but this is a decent gunfriendly state, not the best, but better than most and we don't need his antigun scurge here.  I'm curious as to how well a big shot from Filthadelphia will be accepted by the typical rural citzen.  I don't think very well but he's still a threat and has the big bucks from the DEMs to back him.  About a month ago I saw his campign bus parked at the Amoco station at the PATurnpike exit in Beford(#11).  I felt like puking.  I was tempted to piss on it!

Where's all the PA guys here?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Tough situation for PA...the folks we need to get to vote are the hunters who don't associate their deer rifle/shotgun with the "evil guns" that we on the board love.

We must take on every opportunity to equate our AR's, FAL's, SPAS-12's, etc. with the Winchester 94's, Marlin 336's, and Remington 700ADL's.

Remember when Clinton went on that media-covered duck hunting trip? Was that a Benelli scattergun he was using? Same as a M1-Super 90, for all intents and purposes, but everyone overlooked the fact that the [b]operation[/b] was the same!

The people we "count on" the most are the guys who hunt during the deer season because they have a tradition in doing so. Oftentimes, though, they have no interest in protecting the "black guns", and might focus on another issue instead!

[b]If you ever hear the following, stop what you're doing, and explain why they're wrong...these people are almost on our side. Bring them over all the way:[/b]

"As long as they aren't trying to take away my deer rifle, I don't mind banning assault guns."

"I only shoot skeet. I don't own any of the paramilitary stuff."

If everyone was as political-sounding to the anti's or the fence-sitters in "real life" as they are when posting on this board, we would have no problems. BE VOCAL, BUT DON'T BE OBNOXIOUS OR INSULTING.

Be willing to take the time to educate, not just say, "stupid liberal hippie...I'll never change their mind about guns." MAKE THE EFFORT - INVITE SOMEONE TO GO SHOOTING WITH YOU!!

SQUIBLOAD IN 2002!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top