Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 5:41:54 PM EDT
Is it just me, or is George Bush about a billion times better at public speaking than he was just a year ago?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a million times better than he was LAST WEEK!

It's the Welbutron.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
lol!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't it nice to see the difference between a TRUE leader of men, and a chaser of skirts?

Some of my most liberal friends are thanking their lucky stars that Gore lost and Bush won.

Sounds like we are going to be knocking on some more doors soon.  Watch out Baghdad!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it me or is Hitlery a billion times uglier everytime they cut to her fugly ass face?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Notice how the demo side of the aisle seems to stand a bit later then the republican side when Pres GW says something that a true conservative would agree with...
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
She (HRC) should have learned from the first time.  Plenty of folks complained that she was smug, and rude.  Same behavior this time.

Every time George W. opens his mouth, she looks like she is passing a kidney stone.

I still can't believe she won a seat.  I just can't wait to see what the good people of NYC do to her next time around.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It's funny how 83% approval will get everyone up to applaud you speech.

As I've said since day one:

BUSH ROCKS!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh good god,,, they just showed JJ in the audience. Damn!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's Welbutr[i]in[/i], you closet liberal. [:D]
View Quote

Sorry.  Unlike you, I didn't have a prescription bottle handy. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Is'nt it great to have such a descent man in the white house?

I can only hope that it's contagious and the left catches it !
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
God Bless W
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Did anyone notice how soft the Dem's response was? Think maybe they are worried about the next election??

GWB is THE MAN!!!  God Bless the POTUS!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Isn't it nice to see the difference between a TRUE leader of men, and a chaser of skirts?
View Quote

Amen!

I watched two of Slick Willies speach's and couldn't stand that lying SOB, I never watched another.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
The one time I saw the camera cut away to Schumer he had a plastic smile on his face and was doing some half-assed applause.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I've written it in other forums but it bears repeating. GW is not a great public speaker. He speaks well but he's not a great orator. That's one of the things that makes him a great president. He says what's on his mind, simply and plainly. GW addresses a crowd like he's talking to a friend. He speaks like someone you can trust.

Unlike Slick Willie, GW inspires trust and confidence when he speaks. He doesn't bury his point in legalese. You don't have to analyze what he says to decypher the hidden message.

I'll take straight-talk over double-talk every time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#18]
IMHO it was a great speech. There were a couple things that concern me thought

A.) We will have socialized health care by 2010 if we are not carful. Bush supports a patients bill of rights, aka the trial lawyers wet dream. It will bankrupt private health care providers, and raise taxes to unacceptably high levels. I lived in Canada for 2 years, I know how much high taxes suck!

B.)The need for 'Increase regulation' and 'comprehensive pension plans' smacks of the kind of bloated goverment buracracy that I thought Bush would be trimming.

C.) Medicare perscriptio coverage, just one more step to socialized health care. Turning 65 shouldn't automatically make you entitled to free drugs and health care. If you didn't plan ahead, that's your fault. Same goes to retirement funds. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicad should be abolished.

I think that we should get behind a national flat tax no matter income, why punish the sucessful....capitalism, works every time it's tried.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#19]
War and pressure make or break a leader...President Bush has shown what it has done for him. He's a real President.

What is a liberal? Failed history.
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#20]
maybe not the greatest orator to come down the pike,
but I had no problem understanding what he said!!

Dem response - uuuhhhh  yeah, yeah, what he said.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought he did very well, except I kinda wish Cheney had leaned over and thumped him in the ear whenever he said "nuc-u-ler".  [;)]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't this basically about WWIII?  Just a little different than we thought?
Iran, Iraq, North Korea.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IMHO it was a great speech. There were a couple things that concern me thought

A.) We will have socialized health care by 2010 if we are not carful. Bush supports a patients bill of rights, aka the trial lawyers wet dream. It will bankrupt private health care providers, and raise taxes to unacceptably high levels. I lived in Canada for 2 years, I know how much high taxes suck!

B.)The need for 'Increase regulation' and 'comprehensive pension plans' smacks of the kind of bloated goverment buracracy that I thought Bush would be trimming.

C.) Medicare perscriptio coverage, just one more step to socialized health care. Turning 65 shouldn't automatically make you entitled to free drugs and health care. If you didn't plan ahead, that's your fault. Same goes to retirement funds. Social Security, Medicare, and Medicad should be abolished.

I think that we should get behind a national flat tax no matter income, why punish the sucessful....capitalism, works every time it's tried.
View Quote

Yeah, we keep getting a little closer to HRC's dream
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought he did very well, except I kinda wish Cheney had leaned over and thumped him in the ear whenever he said "nuc-u-ler".  [;)]
View Quote

LOL They need to change the software in the prompter to make sure that word never gets split again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
No one can address you as your leader yet make you feel like he is your neighbor as finely as GW can!

I am proud to say that I never watched a Klinton speech.

Thank you God for letting us have a real man in the White House!

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I also caught him saying "Ya'll!"  
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the Green Beret sitting next to the First Lady had his cover (hat to you Army types) on indoors while not under arms and was chewing gum in uniform?

I wonder if the Sergeant Major had a talk with him this morning.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I liked the section
"One purpose of the USA Freedom Corps will be homeland security. America needs retired doctors and nurses who can be mobilized in major emergencies ... volunteers to help police and fire departments, transportation and utility workers well-trained in spotting danger. "

So where do i sign up for the Ar-15.com Freedom corps ? :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the Green Beret sitting next to the First Lady had his cover (hat to you Army types) on indoors while not under arms and was chewing gum in uniform?

I wonder if the Sergeant Major had a talk with him this morning.
View Quote

I heard someone say something about that this morning.  They said as long as they were wearing the gold braid, it was ok.  I didn't see this so I'm just repeating what someone told me.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#32]
damn, i love that guy! G.W. is just great!

my buddy & i cleaned our AR's during al gore's concession speech...brought a tear to my eye!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Did any else notice that whenever W said anything about tax cuts the Republican side would stand and cheer while the democrat side wouldn't even clap from their seats ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did any else notice that whenever W said anything about tax cuts the Republican side would stand and cheer while the democrat side wouldn't even clap from their seats ?
View Quote

That's because Democrats hate tax cuts...they need that money for the welfare state they've created.

I thought it was pretty slick how Republicans passed a tax bill that expires in ten years, so they can campaign on how they should make it permanent.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top