Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2002 6:57:58 AM EDT
Please don't bust my chops for watching, I love beautiful women. Did anyone catch last nights episode. The last 15 minutes were incredible. D.Kelly and his gang actually showed 2 sides to a story, i.e. security v. freedom. The quote from Ben Franklin concerning the same was even recited. I guess those in Hollywood are getting scared because they fear the Fud's are infringing on their 1st amendment rights. Hey Hollyweird welcome to our world.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:37:36 AM EDT
I usually catch that show too. Pretty entertaining, plus lots of hot chicks. Although, all the stuff that happens in one episode of that show didn't happen in a year at my high school. Then, there's the odd Harry Senate who fired a gun in class to get the student's attention, but then made a speech quoting the usual anti BS when some students tried to start a NRA chapter. Mabye their writers think that only teachers doing crazy things to get their student' attention should have guns.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:12:40 AM EDT
I saw the last five minutes (before local news). They took a cheap shot at BF by saying something to the effect of "how is he an expert on safety. He flew kites in thunderstorms." Maybe not those exact words, but very close.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:20:41 AM EDT
I taught high school for 7 years. (1993-2001) Boston public turns my stomach. The show is so very far from reality that I cannot watch. Liberal trash, and Hollywood's idea of high school life.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:32:07 AM EDT
That show HAS to be written for shock value. I remember one time, the crazy teacher who discharged the Glock in class to make a point that guns are dangerous, started a suicide advocacy group and got all self-righteous when parents complained. It's just a bizarre show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:58:18 AM EDT
My girlfriend used to watch that show at my apartment. Needless to say, I put an end to that shit REAL quick. She couldn't figure out why I thought it was a bunch of liberal propoganda. [rolleyes] My DOG could figure that out. She also watches a lot of MTV and stupid ass shows like Temptation Island, stuff like that... If TV doesn't get cleaned up, my children's generation is going to be WAY MORE f*ked up than this one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:19:37 AM EDT
[puke]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:11:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MarineGrunt: My girlfriend used to watch that show at my apartment. Needless to say, I put an end to that shit REAL quick. She couldn't figure out why I thought it was a bunch of liberal propoganda. [rolleyes] My DOG could figure that out. She also watches a lot of MTV and stupid ass shows like Temptation Island, stuff like that...
View Quote
She DAMN well better be a hottie or else you've got some problems!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:39:44 AM EDT
Never watched it, probably never will. Same thing with the "Left Wing." Liberal Barbara Streisand propaganda. When I want to see hotties on TV, I'll watch "Wild On."
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:45:45 AM EDT
Never saw it... never want to. The girls are good-looking, though. I'll stick to Sci-Fi channel, especially the Friday night lineup. Does anyone here watch Lexx?
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:56:05 AM EDT
Simple solution to the crap you keep seeing on TV. 1. Call cable company. 2. Cancel your account. 3. Get pissy when they add a "disconnect" fee. 4. Find a good book. 5. Read.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:12:14 PM EDT
I never saw the show until Jeri Ryan came on. It is not very good, so I only watch the scenes with her in it. I saw about 20 min of last nights episode, and a 17yo girl was dating an old man. This show is nothing like real life, because young hot chicks never even look in my direction anymore. A woman that chopped off her own hand and another that makes you smell dirty shoes and socks. What a crock of S.... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 12:19:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2002 12:20:30 PM EDT by mattja]
I saw one episode when it first aired and that was enough for me. I have never seen such a load of BS in my life. What is this? Room 222 for the 21st century? What crap. Anyway, as much as I have a stand-up woody for Jeri Ryan, and I do, I'm still not watching.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:35:00 PM EDT
Yeah, that's a POS show. Watched it once, and it sucked. bilster: hey! i call it the "left wing" too. My mom likes that show, and she can't figure out why I don't like it! And I'm as right-wing as one can get!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:42:37 PM EDT
Next episode there doing something like Columbine. Kids with guns, knives , and a bomb planning to kill other kids at school.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2002 7:31:55 PM EDT by mr_bungle]
This unwatchable bilge is perhaps the most vapid of David E. Kelley's sophomoric, self-righteous twaddle. It stands as a sad monument to self-obsessed academic and cultural leftism - that if beamed at an advancing intergalactic army would turn them right the fvck back around. Even watching the god-awful ads give me the stupids. That said, Jeri Ryan is a still a dish. Another show to watch with the sound off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 1:55:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mr_bungle: This unwatchable bilge is the perhaps the most vapid of David E. Kelley's sophomoric, self-righteous twaddle. It stands as a sad monument to self-obsessed academic and cultural leftism - that if beamed at an advancing intergalactic army would turn them right the fvck back around. Even watching the god-awful ads give me the stupids.
View Quote
Yep, that just about closes the book on "Boston Public". Nothing more to add. Very well stated [b]mr_bungle[/b].[^]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:13:20 PM EDT
My wife (who is a school teacher) makes me watch it! Of course having Jeri Ryan on doesn't hurt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:55:07 PM EDT
dumbass show, especially the teach who popped off a round in class. the rest of the school woulda freaked out an ran screamin outta the building in the real world and his ass woulda been fired an jailed if not shot off by some swat team. unless they waited outside for the shootin to stop before they came in an arrested him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:54:09 AM EDT
yeah that show sucks i didnt even last one episode more like 5 minutes only tv i watch is fox news and the history channel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:05:17 PM EDT
SMELL THIS SHOE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:23:37 PM EDT
MC_Man I watch Lexx all the time. Strange but entertaining. Maybe I'll post a thread on this. Libertyof76 My Father watches "Left Wing," too. He thinks it's great. I think it's a TV version of POS "An Amercan President." All leftist clap trap and Barbera Streisand too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:48:14 PM EDT
The most drama we ever had in high school (military school) was when guys would go shoulder-tapping and get caught. I kind of wish I went to a school like "Boston Public," at least it would have been a little more interesting than kudzu wars, skipping drill, midnight bathroom detail, and pussy sneaks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 2:35:11 PM EDT
I wateched the first few episodes but they had a rea;lly anti-gun episode last year so I stopped watching. Decided to use that hour doing "gun stuff" like cleaning guns or shopping for ammo deals. I usually skip Ally McBeal now too. GunLvr
Top Top