BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Pontius,

Maybe he was actually what he claimed to be, he was just bad at it!

There is a guy that lives above me in the dorm who talks about how his dad compleated basic training "three weeks early," and spent the time between his compleation of basic and graduation training with SF (never anymore specific than that). He appearently did very well and was asked to join, but said he had to think about it, which meant no. My answer was simply: "That's nice."

Kyle
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
So i'm workin at a gas station while going to school, fixin on cars and such...  this "gas pumper" and i got to talkin (a Real flake) I was wearing my old army boots one day so he asks me if i was in.. I say yeah..  did five years in a Avn batt (67T)..   He starts talkin bout how he was in the Rangers up at Ft Lewis..  Blah blah blah..   We get done talkin and he asks me "What time you got?"  I say "1830hours."  He says

wait for it

"What time is that"

I just smiled and left...
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
 I know a couple of the real deals... Both men from work, a bit older than I am ( 42 ) . One was a marine in viet nam , I never ask stupid questions about military service... He was killed in a motorcycle accident about 12-14 years ago and there were lots of marines and an honor group. He always said he was just a grunt... but must of done some things well based on the high level of respect shown.. Another guy never talked  about service other than to say he fixed aircraft and tried to stay out of the mess as best he could. I noticed a lot of pictures at his house of him on boats ... I forgot all the names of the places.. but he said he was a gunner for a while , till he got smart. I think he was the real deal.too.
   And for balance I have a quasi friend that is in every vet club... writes a vet newsletter... does every tiger cage and hiking event to some memorial he can find... I had to show him how to load rounds in an ar-15 mag and had to show him about 5 times how to field strip it . He has all the sleep symptoms of severe mental issues... but don't think they started in asia. I later found out mr camo and boonie hat was a jeep mechanic. Now there is nothing wrong with that.. and I have not been in service myself... but to run around like a spec forces guy when you were battling over tightened oil filters rubs me the wrong way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top