Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2002 6:49:50 PM EDT
My Dad just ordered a new Silverado with the 8.1 w/Allison Transmission and he is curious what the gear ratios are in the tranny.  He has searched the dealer sites and has not been able to come-up with much technical information.  Any help you may provide will be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Jack the thing up, drop the tranny out, take the sunuvagun apart and start counting.

Seriously, I'm sure you could call GM (not the dealer) and find out.  You might have to call Allison, but GM should know.   Buddy here (worked for GM in the powertrain division) says to find the model number on the transmission and look www.gmpowertrain.com
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
IM just wondering would it be possible to put a Duramax/Allison Setup in a Mil HUMVEE?
id probably give a lot more power and Better MPG to
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IM just wondering would it be possible to put a Duramax/Allison Setup in a Mil HUMVEE?
id probably give a lot more power and Better MPG to
View Quote
                                            I`ve seen them so equipped....(8.2---allison)........so it seems it is feasible.........
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Cummins Allison has been a standard in motor homes for many years..
Do a search on this forum..seems to me I saw it mentioned a while back
[url]http://www.turbodieselregister.com/[/url]
Gear Ratios for the Allison
[url]http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/gmheavy2.html[/url]
Hope this helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top