Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 9:35:14 PM EDT
I saw BHD sunday night in Philly and at the end everyone clapped. I just saw the film again tonight in the suburbs just outside the city and at the end no one clapped. My cousin suggested that no one clapped becuase the end of the movie lists the names of our soldiers who were killed. I say that people should clap for what our soldiers did. What do you guys think ?

Edited to say I think clapping is appropriate at the end of this film in honor of the men who served and died.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
When I saw it, people got up and left the theater before the names of the deceased were even listed!! Talk about disrespectful!! [pissed]

Edited for spelling....
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I walked out quiet in reverence.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
When I saw it there were maybe ten people in the auditorium. Most sat through the entire credits, silent. The Vietnam vet in front of me was weeping.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I could in no way be brought to applause at the end of that movie. Maybe this just my personal nature. To me that would be like clapping at the end of a love one's funeral.

I have no military experience or 1st person comprehension of any events that even come close to that, I hope that I never will have to.

My upmost respect to those who have and do serve.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I saw it, people got up and left the theater before the names of the deceased were even listed!! Talk about disrespectful!! [pissed]
View Quote

They probably couldn't read anyway.

"Yo, supwit awl dat printin 'nshit at da'end 'a da movie? MoFo's gots ta grab some bitches 'nhoz 'ngit BUSY 'nshit." [BD]

Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have only been to one movie that there was applause at the end.  That movie was [i]As good as it gets[/i], I saw that movie twice that week and it didn't happen at the second showing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have only been to one movie that there was applause at the end.  That movie was [i]As good as it gets[/i], I saw that movie twice that week and it didn't happen at the second showing.
View Quote

In my case, it was the end of "Jaws". People were pretty thrilled to see that mean old shark get blown to bits.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the end of the History Channels show on BHD was very touching with the pics of the soldiers.  At the showing I went to it seemed that most people stayed glued to their chairs in silence till the credits were done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw it today and at the end it was complete silence.  No one spoke till they left.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I went with my Wife last night. She said it was disturbing, I was emotionally drained afterwards. The ironic thing was when I got home, it was on the History channel. This was the ultimate in perfect timing!

In Columbia Tennessee, people started leaving as soon as the ramp was closed....pitiful! The town I live in now (Columbia) is not much to be proud of!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Columbia Tennessee, people started leaving as soon as the ramp was closed....pitiful! The town I live in now (Columbia) is not much to be proud of!
View Quote

Did you see the BS article in the Sunday Tennessean, Metro section, page 4B by Anita Wadhwani?
It bemoaned the fact that local Somali's were saying the movie is "inaccurate". Why so?

1) the music wasn't Somali. (I'm not making that up.)
2)the actors weren't Somali.

I wrote her an e-mail asking her why she never asked those immigrants what they thought about the dead Americans being dragged thru the streets? Should be an interesting response, if she answers at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I stayed through the names, but I wasn;t expecting them. SO maybe people thought the movie was over and din't know they were coming up. I could be wrong I was kind of buzzed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I walked out quiet in reverence.
View Quote

I walked out quiet, as well.  I couldn't speak.  My wife asked what was wrong, but she knew.  Sometimes, I get the same way when I watch the news.  

AFA folks leaving while the names of the KIA were rolling, they rank right up there with the people I see at ballgames who don't have a clue (or don't care) about what they should do during the National Anthem.

I know lots of you guys are or were active duty.  You don't see that crap at a post/base theater.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
People were crying after and during the credits  when i saw it.
View Quote

I was trying not to be one of them.

We're coming motherfkers...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top