Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 10:24:50 AM EDT
Is is Federal law that anything you buy mailorder can be returned within the first 30 days after purchase?

Can any of you name the specific law regarding this?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Inflatable doll not working out?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL [:D]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesus!  I hope not!  The federal government is already way too involved in private commerce.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I needed that after getting off the phone with a sales rep.

Anyway no.  I ordered some stuff from http://www.thespystore.com and when I try to return my item they tell me that all sales are final.  That's some really neat customer service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
SGF,
The first thing you need to do now is file a "dispute" with your credit card company.  There is usualy a Customer Service number on the back of your card.  The neet thing about Online and Mailorder merchants is that they charge your card on faith that you will not contest the charge.  VISA, M/C, Discover, and Amex all say that for a charge to be valid you (the cardholder) MUST sign the sales slip.  

With out that signature the merchant does not have any ground to stand on when you dispute the charge.  

Tell the credit card company that it was not as advertised and you tried to return it and they would not take it back.  

Good Luck
Wcoyote
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Wcoyote,

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]
From my experience there is no law.
the policy is set by the seller.
Look at the sales reciept on stuff you buy.
I once bought a lamp at a small store.When i got it home it did not match the furniture well so I tried to return it for my money back. they told me its clearly stated on the reciept the refund will be only for store credit. Like an assh*ole I got upset. Disputed it with the credit company and they said too bad its printed clearly on the reciept what the policy is. SOL. I think unless they sent you the wrong thing the the you are out of luck.

Have them send you a their return policy before you dispute it with the credit company.

Good Luck

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top