Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also in East Tennesse is Oak Ridge which is the HOME of the "A" bomb as well as a few other goodies.
View Quote
Hows the job market housing mkt. etc. / whats the local paper?  
View Quote

Things were great when I visited last June.

When I went back at Thanksgiving, factories were shutting down everywhere, lots of businesses had signs up saying "we're not even taking applications, go away", and the housing market was falling like a rock.

"Local paper" depends on which part of eastern Tennessee you're thinking of.  Johnson City Press-Chronicle, Elizabethton Star, Knoxville News-Sentinel, Chattanooga Times. . . .
View Quote
OUCH I better stay away from there I am sure that the whole state is not that bad off [I hope][:(]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Aside from Denver and Boulder, Colorado is a fantastic place. It gets cold, but not like Montana or Idaho. Humidity is basically non-existent, so cars and trucks last forever because they don't rust. If you like pro sports, you can live out in the middle of nowhere and still be within an hour or two of Denver (basketball not included - the Nuggets SUCK).

I live in Greeley, about 40 miles NNE of Denver. This is basically where the Great Plains start, but it's only an hour to Denver or an hour to the mountains. Several really good spots to live up here: Fort Collins, Greeley, Windsor (a FANTASTIC little town/city of about 15K), and Loveland, as well as a number of smaller communities sprinkled along the Front Range.

Average daytime high in the winter months is in the low 40's; average low about 15. During the summer it goes about 88/60. Air conditioning really is an option here, because it's something you could live without and not really miss it. Heating is obviously a different story!

All in all, I love it here!

(And the gun laws are very friendly, too!)
View Quote

I will be a resident of Colorado Springs in about a week....I depart this afternoon!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top