Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 9:38:51 PM EDT
I'm wanting to get a shooting bench.I have found one in the Cabela's catalog.It's priced at $199.99.
I would like to shop around some before I buy but dont know where eles to look.
Anybody got any suggestions?
[smash]
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Two other good sources are www.dillonprecision.com and www.grainger.com.
If you want cheap however, I would go to a used furniture/office place. I got a heavy duty metal & shelf for $20.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
A SHOOTING or a RELOADING bench?

If you really mean a shooting bench,
what is that?

Chris
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's apermanent installation, build it yourself, and anchor it in concrete.  I've yet to see a portable less wobbly than an ironing board..........
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
RELOADING?
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1644626&a=12585890&p=46560350[/img]

I took a fairly large , OLD, office desk that was very sound, and bolted (8 bolts) a solid core exterior door to the top of it for strength. Got it from Home Depot for like 12.00 because it had a large gouge on one side. No one sees it on the underside. I actually liked telling the Home Depot guy what it was being used for. (gotta get out the progun word) Turned the whole thing over and unscrewed the spindly legs, and used pieces of 4x4 about 8 inches long for new legs. ROCK SOLID.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top