Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 6:32:55 AM EDT
I'm new to the forum, having just purchased a Bushmaster M4gery.  Looking forward to lots of fun.

As I was admiring my purchase, though, I couldn't help but wonder at the non-collapsible stock.  Imagine how much more deadly the weapon would be if I could collapse the stock!

Our government is run by morons.

Cheers,

J
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome J.

Quoted:
Our government is run by morons.
View Quote

That seems to be the growing consensus around here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forums.  Allow my to bust your bubble though. The rifle wouldn't be on bit more deadly no matter what the stock did. What makes a rifle deadly is the person holding it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
j_collins,
      What part of GA are you in?  I'm in Macon and shoot at the Bibb County Sheriff training area. It's a 200 yard range, with a separate 12 station pistol range.  Let me know.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
A collapsible stock puts more pressure on the internals(buffer,spring,bolt,etc.) and makes the booletts faster killers![;)]..........watch out that thing might shoot you by itself![rolleyes]............we're always glad to hear of another black Rifle guy in the fold.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dunno, I think the MAJORITY are morons, but there are still some quality people in the white house FINALLY...
View Quote

And hopefully, they (he) will have the courage to (pardon the expression) b!tch slap the morons come the 10 year anniversary of the morons crowning achievement, their pride and joy,  the 1994 Crime Bill.

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to the forums.  Allow my to bust your bubble though. The rifle wouldn't be on bit more deadly no matter what the stock did. What makes a rifle deadly is the person holding it.
View Quote

You're right, of course.

I should have put a "rolleyes" after the statement about collapsing the stock as the statement was tongue in cheek.

It's just that it finally hit me how absolutely ludicrous the 94 ban is. And to think, also, that my changing that one feature would make me a felon even though the capability of the Bushy would not be changed one iota.

It's an amazing world.

Also agree with the comment on the current occupant of the White House, btw.:)

J
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looking forward to lots of fun.
J
View Quote

Oh you found the right place for that!  This place is worse than a barrel full of tomcats!

[IMG]http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
j_collins,
      What part of GA are you in?  I'm in Macon and shoot at the Bibb County Sheriff training area. It's a 200 yard range, with a separate 12 station pistol range.  Let me know.
Bill3508
View Quote

Bill,

I am in Snellville (motto: Everybody is somebody in Snellville), but my sister and her husband live in Macon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#11]

When I attended a continuing education event concerning "Youth Violence" I heard a psychiatrist from Iowa explain how a folding stock and a pistol grip allows you to "be able to physiologically shoot a semi-automatic assault rifle at a rate which approximates fully automatic fire."

I just looked at the guy beside me who rolled his eyes as I chuckled.

So, you see, a collapsible stock may be more deadly... that is if you believe the whackos.[puke]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcoming a [newbie] and getting my 800th post at the same time!![8D]
A shameless plug too!

Welcome aboard Mr. Collins!

BigDozer66

[50]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice to meet you J. [beer]

Congrats on your new M4gery!

Tyler
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#14]
My personal favorite is the nix on bayonets.  On the other hand, it will cut down on the alarming increase in inner-city drive-by bayonetings, which is a good thing. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Good observation on your part! The pistol grip also make the rifle more deadly but the real villan is the bayonet lug. Banning these has caused a incredable drop in-drive by bayonetings [shock]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the welcome, folks.  The bad thing about this board is that as I browse, I see more and more stuff I "need".  My wife is gonna luv this...[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top