Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 3:40:04 PM EDT
Who's your Daddy? Well, if you are the embryo in my wife's tummy.... THAT WOULD BE ME!!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Yep, our FIRST!! Damn, I'm PUMPED!!!

We just got back from the Doc's not too long ago and it is oficial, she's got the disease!

Had to tell someone! We are gonna wait to tell the family face to face of course!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to all 3 of ya!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Congatdulations.Man are you going to have fun!Even the diaper changing is fun.At first.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats...Only 6 more and you'll catchup with me. [:D]
Your gonna love it nothin' like being a Daddy........'till they hit their teens anyway.
[:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats man! I'm real happy for you!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#9]
[beer]

[beer]

[beer]

Contratulaiation-a'o!

[beer]

Have you thought of any names yet?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats!.....We are trying to have our first also.....you know what they say...Practice makes perfect....looks like you got it perfected!

medcop
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!  Bring'em up right!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats!!!! [:)]

Say good bye to a good nights sleep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We just got back from the Doc's not too long ago and it is oficial, she's got the disease!

View Quote

Boy...you don't know how correct of a statement this is!!

BTW if it's a boy will you name it after Goatboy or Imbrolio??

sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you have a garage/shop?  If you do, I'd imagine you'll be spending a lot of time out there working on "stuff" once those hormones start kicking in.  [:D].

[beer] congrats!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
UDAMAN! [beer]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Congratulations!  You've just taken you're first step into a larger world...
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Please, let me be the first to say:

[size=6]SUCKER![/size=6]

hahah, j/k! I look forward to my first child, and wish you the best with yours! My neighbors have a 4 week old boy, and he's a cutie! You'll be an absolute zombie for the first few months though, get ready!

Robby
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Congatdulations.Man are you going to have fun!Even the diaper changing is fun.At first.
View Quote

It's not too bad till they start eating solid food and then it's [puke].  Anyway, Congrats!! and like I tell all my friends who are about to have their first child... Your life as you know it now, has ended...
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks so much guys! I need to stop grinning before too long or my face is gonna cramp!

We were "trying' or "working on it" for just 3 months or so... Just a lot of RECreation with a little PROcreation mixed in apparently!

I hope I have a realistic idea of what is to come... I think I do... Probably not, eh??? [:D] I am certainly commited to raising a good, honest, successful, "right minded", patriotic little FiveO... I certainly have a great partner to do it with.

Thanks again guys! What a great group!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice job with the sperm production, big time swimmers you got there.[sex]

Congrats....and best of health to your wife and baby!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#23]
CONGRATULATIONS!
[beer]

You are about to embark on a long journey filled with joy, stress, frustration and fear.  Your journey will be fraught with storms, heavy seas and heavy doses of St. Elmo's fire.  Raising your kids will be the hardest, most expensive thing you will ever do in your lifetime.  Your lives are about to change like you have never imagined.

You going to pass by mileposts common to all parents in our society (First steps, little league, dance lessons, first puppy, first lost tooth, FIRST DAY AT THE RANGE!).  Cherish those moments spent with your kids.  They grow up so fast.  Take lots of pictures of these important mileposts.  You'll want them later.

Be patient with them.  They are little people and they want to learn all about their ever expanding world and how Daddy does this or that.  You and the missus will be the most important people in their lives until they become teenagers.  As they mature, they will expand their center of interest out of your lives slowly and begin a real interest in their peers…especially those of the opposite sex (Get the shotgun!) [shotgun]

Understand the special but somewhat different bonds that you and your wife will have with them.  You must be aware of the uniqueness of each and nurture and deal with them.  Your wife will have a special bond...that in the uneducated and unaware husband can lead to jealousy.  Don't sweat that.  Just be a daddy.  The peewees will love you for who you are.

TRY to prepare yourself for puberty. [shock]  As they spread their wings, they will push you both and their envelope HARD.  Keep your cool.  At about fourteen, you will become the dumbest rock on the planet, totally ignorant of the REAL world.  Also, remember that they will be the first generation EVER to experience things that thousands of generations before them since creation have been fortunate not to have had to go through.  You just won’t UNDERSTAND anything either!  Then, when they reach about 19-21, suddenly Pops isn’t such a dunce after all!  One day, they will make you the proudest Poppa ever, as they make it by one of the big mileposts and graduate from their chosen school or military boot camp.  Helping your son or daughter cut their commissioning cake with their sword and maybe years later, their retirement cake, is something to remember.

Lead by example.  Kids are very astute little creatures.  NEVER use the, “Do as I say…NOT as I do” on them.  Bad juju.

Kids are breakers of fine things.  “Kid Proofing” is no joke.  They are going to break stuff anyway…but don’t punish when you are angry.  Get pissed…just don’t take it out on them.  Punish yes, but take a deep breath and remember, they aren’t adults with adult education, reasoning powers, motor skills and judgment.  Don’t take it personally.

Finally, Enjoy them.  Having sent all these warnings, I must say, our lives have been enriched beyond our wildest dreams by our kids.

Ahhh…and now the punch line…Just what in the Wide Wide World of Sports qualifies me to blather on like this…when I first had little ones nearly thirty years ago?  Well…after raising one family, we are at it again (27, 24, 5, 2 ½), so I figure I’ve gained a bit of experience along the way.  To clarify, the 27 & 24 year old (boy/girl) are our kids.  My wife and I are now raising our grandkids.  Physically harder this time around…but much easier otherwise.

It’s going to be fun…so batten down the hatches and have a good time!

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#24]
This is what it's all about.  Lessons I learned over the years...

There is no such thing as child-proofing your house…or Things I learned after I had kids (grandkids).[devil][devil]

If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.[flame]

A 4 year-old’s voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.[>Q]

If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing pound puppy underwear and a superman cape.[thinking]

It is strong enough however to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.[spank]

Baseballs make marks on ceilings.

You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on.[B)]

When using the ceiling fan as a bat you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit.

A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn’t stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.[shock]

When you hear the toilet flush and the words, “Uh-oh”; it’s already too late.[pissed]

Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.[flame]

A six year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36 year old man says they can only do it in the movies.[pyro]

A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.

If you use a waterbed as home plate while wearing baseball shoes it does not leak-it explodes.

A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 square foot house 4 inches deep.

Legos will pass through the digestive tract of a four year old.

Duplos will not.

Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.[flame]

Super glue is forever.

McGyver can teach us/our kids many things we don’t want to know.

Ditto Tarzan.

No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can’t walk on water.

Pool filters do not like Jell-O.[>(]

VCR’s do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.[pissed]

Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.[BD]

Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.[:(!]

You probably do not want to know what that odor is.[:X*]

Always look in the oven before you turn it on.[shock]

Plastic toys do not like ovens.

The fire department in San Diego has at least a five minute response time.[flame][flag]

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

It will however, make cats dizzy.

Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.[puke]

Quiet does not necessarily mean don’t worry.[:\]

A good sense of humor will get you through most problems in life.[;D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats!!  [beer]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Congrats and well done FiveO.  Chalk up another good gun toting responsible gun owner.

CMOS [:)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
[b][beer]CONGRATS!![bounce][/b]

Treasure your sleep now while you still can!

After baby arrives, you're in for six weeks of TOTAL SLEEPLESS ZOMBIE-LAND!! Whooohoo!!  

And then it's another nine months of partial sleep-deprivation torture!! OoohYeah!!

But it's also THE greatest joy in the world - like none you could have imagined B.B. (Before Baby)

Rule#1) Take lots of pictures/videos - they grow up SO FAST!!

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Congats,
Remember this baby will be a "post-ban" and must have the flash hider removed if it's a boy.
[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]
FiveO,

I'm tickled for you and the wife!

Now just a take a moment and mark this topic as a 'favorite'. When, in the future you get tired and/or frustrated, just click on this 'favorite' to remind yourself how elated you are now. It's kinda like counting to 10.

Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top