Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 5:09:15 PM EDT
when I try to delete a folder on my computer I get the message [blue]ERROR: cannot find the specified file make sure you specify the correct path and file name[/blue]. So how do I get rid of it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try dropping to a DOS prompt.  Start-Accessories-MS DOS Prompt.  Then use the deltree command.  What folder?  What operating system?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
windows 2000, and the folder is on my desktop. It wont even let me open the folder.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My win89 machine does that sometimes. What generally happens is that I will delete a folder, and then notice that it's not gone. I try again to delete it and get an error message. A good swift press of the power button a couple of times always fixes it. In other words, it's already gone, just some bug keeps the icon around. Just re-boot, it should make all well for you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top