Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2001 11:41:26 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any 40 rds. mags that work ? What about the ones from Bushmaster? I am knew to this board and I have not seen any posts regarding this, I have always heard the 40 rds. mags. were not reliable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Those made by Sterling in England.  They are steel AR-180 mags that fit both the AR-180 & AR-15.  The mags aren't that easy to find and price is generally around $80 per mag.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a little steep and out of the question for me, what about the ones from Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's a little steep and out of the question for me, what about the ones from Bushmaster?
View Quote

Those are steel mags mfg by either USA or Triple K???   Reviews I've seen have been mixed.  There are those that swear these 40 rdrs are no good.  There are those that swear these 40 rdrs work fine.

It's most likely a crap shoot whenever dealing with these aftermarket mags....

"NW"  NRA/LMGOA
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
"It's most likely a crap shoot whenever dealing with these aftermarket mags...."

Right! Right! Right!

Stay away from the Bushy 40 rounders!  I bought one as a test.  The test was a failure!

Finally found two Sterling mags.  Cost a fortune, but worth it in performance.

Learn from my mistake.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people take the Thermolds that are designed for long-term loaded storage (you unclip the bottom and it slides down to release spring tension) and load them to 40 or 45 rounds while fully extended. They were not designed for this, so YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,I think I'll stick to the 30 Rds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top