Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 6:17:59 PM EDT
Okay....got a funny one to tell ya.

Some of you know that my wife and I split up about 2 months ago and that our divorce is gonna be final in about 2 weeks.

Well, all that is what it is...............a @^#*^#*&^@&% mess that will never be undone nor improved.  Whats the word?.........oh yeah....Kaput!

So, as I have decided that it would be assanine of me to mope about in a haze of teary-eyed depression, I thought I would try to get a date for New Years Eve and attempt to move on with my life.

I tried that tonight.

The lady I asked is someone I went to highschool with (thats about 20 years ago) and we have stayed in contact through church and by living in a small urban/rural area since that time.  Very nice and very attractive woman.

So, I get up the nerve to call her up.......we talk for a while about where her new house is.....how she has been doing....etc etc...blah blah blah and I lead up to asking her to dinner and a movie or something for Monday night.

After a brief moment of silence she responds with [b]"Uh.........am I mistaken or are you not a married man?"[/b]..........man you coulda knocked me over with a feather.........she was speachless and I too for a moment.  I think she thought........who would'nt....that I was trying to pick her up on the side..........doh!

Stupid me assumed that because we went to the same church and the same Wal-Mart that she must also know about my relationship going sour.

This really made me feel good because divorce has such a stigma attached to it and mine is rather ugly..........but it was a releif to know that not everyone even gave a crap or knew.

Not sure about Monday night wit her but she did say she'd like to get together later next week-end.  Cool!

Wish me luck guys as like I said.......this dating thing is gona be sooooooooooooo weird.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
For me it really sucked being single the second time, but I eventually did find the right woman and I thank God every day for her and for my divorce!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Hah........thanks guys.

Yeah..........she is a real cool lady.........and she has scrupples.

Always thought she was nice but our paths never took "that" route.

More later....................
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

...and she has scrupples.

View Quote

I think penicillin wil take care of that. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Gee, I wonder what internet web-site she's talkin' about *you* on?

[:P]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Gee, I'm still looking for my first one....

I'm 24 and I don't have a girlfriend!!  AAAAG!!!  [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll second the notion on runnning away if she has kids.  Let me share a little anecdote, if you'll alow me:

It was about a year ago this day when I first moved out of mothers house.  

Kinda puts this all in perspective, eh.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top