Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2001 7:15:15 PM EDT
Could someone please post a pic of the Wilson tacical muzzle break on there rifle. I would like to see what it looks like before I order one. TIA, I really appriciate it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw their tactical muzzle brake somewhere!
Oh yeah its on their website. They call it a break AND a brake!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I really wanted a pic of the break on someone's rifle as I have already seen the pic on they're website.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar/images/Muzzle%20Brake%201.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar/images/MuzzleBrake_3week.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar/muzz_break.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I really wanted a pic of the break on someone's rifle as I have already seen the pic on they're website.
View Quote

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/AR%5FRifle%2FTest4new%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/AR%5FRifle%2FTest3new%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks AR_Rifle, the brake looks great. Looks like I'm going to give Wilson a call. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#6]
AR: how is yours attached? I think mine is a Wilson on a Post-ban.  Mine looks like they used a lock washer and it looks pinned, but not welded-any issues with legality?  I heard that if it was pinned (and not silver soldered) that the pin had to be welded over
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone let me know if i'm wrong here, but to attach the muzzle break to a threaded barrel can it just be silver soldered or does it have to be pinned and welded? I thought I had figured it out and now I'm confused again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
AR: how is yours attached? I think mine is a Wilson on a Post-ban. Mine looks like they used a lock washer and it looks pinned, but not welded-any issues with legality? I heard that if it was pinned (and not silver soldered) that the pin had to be welded over
View Quote

What I have here is the Wilson Combat TPR (Tactical Precision Rifle) with an 18" flutted barrel.  Usually, Wilson Combat do not put a brake on their TPR rifle line.  When I ordered the rifle, and Since I am a "Customer", I insisted on the brake to be put on, they did it for me at Wilson.  I think it was been welded on for legallity.  Of course I had to pay for the extra parts and work done.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Factory brakes come pressed on.  

AR_Rifle, why is "legality" an issue?  You state that your rifle is 18" so you don't need the brake for length.  The upper is not pre-ban is it?  So, "legality" is not a question there either...  

I don't get where you state "legality" being necessary if it is already legal...
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm putting the break on a Pre ban upper but i'm having the bayo lug cut off and im taking the bird cage off. Can I just screw on the muzzle break and then have it silver soldered on. If not then how do I get it on legally?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT. Could someone please answer my last question I really appriciate it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#13]
AR_Rifle, why is "legality" an issue? You state that your rifle is 18" so you don't need the brake for length. The upper is not pre-ban is it? So, "legality" is not a question there either...
View Quote

Brouhaha got the answer. That was what explained to me.  Since you put it on a post-ban lower, legality is an issue.

I'm putting the break on a Pre ban upper but i'm having the bayo lug cut off and im taking the bird cage off. Can I just screw on the muzzle break and then have it silver soldered on. If not then how do I get it on legally?
View Quote

I don't have an answer to that, you may want to give Wilson a call when you ordered the brake and ask them.  They will help you out. Usually they prefer to do it themselves, but then again they will let you know.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#14]
The Wilson's brake does look pretty good. How about this question. The Rock River Arm's brake is just a A2 bored out and pressed on. So, what's the difference if I just take a real A2 flash suppressor fill in the slots with JB weld and reattach by screwing back on with more JB Weld on the threads to make it permanent. The only thing left to consider is the outside dia. of the now A2 brake. Could they call it a grenade launcher? Are the pressed on brakes by RRA and Knight's Armaments a larger dia. than a real A2?
Don't get me wrong. I think this is all Bull and will try to comply when it's sensible to do so but I don't feel just because the big bad ATF say's something like to be permanent it has to be 1000 degree silver soderd, blind pinned, etc... on it doesn't make it 100% so.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top