Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 3:35:55 PM EDT
BREAKING NEWS from CNN.com

-- Osama bin Laden is believed to be surrounded by opposition and U.S. forces in a cave complex at Tora Bora, a senior military official tells CNN.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
BREAKING NEWS from CNN.com

-- Osama bin Laden is believed to be surrounded by opposition and U.S. forces in a cave complex at Tora Bora, a senior military official tells CNN.

View Quote

Um, yeah, he has been surrounded for several days now.

Or do they mean to imply that that they have him in A cave beneath A specific hill.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There was some talk yesterday that they weren't even sure Bin Laden was in Afganistan...now they know for sure they've got him?

If it's true, then it's time to celebrate his early demise...mess with the US, die like the rest.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey...This smells like...maybe...hmmm???

[:K]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw it on CNN, I just posted for info.  I hope we got him, but then again, they should have just shot him instead of taking the surrounder.  Bang, bang, bang, stop or I will shoot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just on the Fox Report

"Latest word from the Pentagon- We do NOT have BinLaden cornered in any cave anywhere in Afganistan- contrary to what was reported 'on another network'..."

This explanes it, CNN screwing the pooch again.
They arent adapting well to having competition are they?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just on the Fox Report

"Latest word from the Pentagon- We do NOT have BinLaden cornered in any cave anywhere in Afganistan- contrary to what was reported 'on another network'..."

This explanes it, CNN screwing the pooch again.
View Quote

And the saga continues...

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just on the Fox Report

View Quote

Fair and balanced!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Fox News just elaborated on their statment before going to O'Reilly

The Pentigon DOES think they have 'our best chance yet' of capturing or killing Bin Laden. There is heavy fighting in a small, north south running valley south west of Tora Bora and just one range over from the Pakistani border.  The intensity of the fighting and radio chatter leads them to think that Bin Laden is in that valley. This is, however, far from having him cornered in a cave as CNN reported. The valley is about 7x2km at above 8000 feet altitude. The important thing is that the valleys east face is a range of peaks, and the east face of those peaks is Pakistan.  So he is also close to getting away.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
We should just start dropping nuclear bombs on the entire mountain range (after evacuating friendlies of course).
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if we pump in Natural gas or Propane would it be considered a chemical weapon or a very large daisy cutter?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok well now it seems to be two canyons.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011213/ts/afghan_fighting_230.html[/url]

Fiery explosions echoed down the Milawa valley, mixed with heavy machine gun and tank fire. Before dawn Thursday, U.S. planes dropped at least one 15,000-pound ``daisy cutter'' - and perhaps as many as three. An Associated Press reporter saw a huge, bright magenta fireball that hung in the air and lighted the sky around 3 a.m.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Like I said, we should just start dropping nuclear bombs on the entire mountain range.

The longer this pussy little stand-off goes on, the greater the chances that UBL and his top lieutenants will escape.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Like I said, we should just start dropping nuclear bombs on the entire mountain range.

The longer this pussy little stand-off goes on, the greater the chances that UBL and his top lieutenants will escape.
View Quote

I would rather see his dead body and make sure it is in fact him and we've killed him.  I don't want that asshole resurfacing years down the road.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm with Billy Gun on that one.

I wanna see a picture of a special forces guy holding UBL'S head up in the air. That &^%#&^ (*^%&^  %(**&^%* ^&^(^(^^*&.
[chainsawkill]

[marines][usa]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Just KILL HIM  lets stop playing the white hatted cowboy.I'll do it with a knife I'll cut his throat then shoot him in the face.SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#16]
This looks fairly fresh
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/627086.asp?pne=msn[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Fox Report with Shepherd Smith:

D-boys are in the area to conduct snatch and grab missions if the target presents itself.  Also snipers from US SOCOM are watching the routs into Pakistan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Bring on a Battalion of Daisy Cutters, and lets have some mass vapourisation!

Fuck em all - Show no mercy!

The time for payback is NOW! Avenge all who were murdered in cold blood on 11 Sep!

1feral1
Sydney
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top