Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Libertarians want the comfort of being able to say,
"I did the right thing".
Without actually doing anything.

If a democrat gets elected and takes away our gun rights, they'll say,
"My Libertarian candidate wouldn't have allowed that to happen".
...and they'll be right.

Just like right now.
"If my Libertarian candidate had been elected, we wouldn't be in this mess!"
Because they secretly believe "..it's America's foreign policy that causes terrorism ...and don't forget about Israel!"

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey - what about Alan Keyes???

He's an equally acceptable "I voted for the RIGHT candidate" candidate.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
secret tribunals!!!! that is the sticking point,
not UCMJ trials....OK.....if it was good enough for nazis, it is good enough for afghanis...
national secrets and interests---my left nut.
We could try those boys in Texas and give them
a decent hanging...there is no reason to go behind locked doors and do this.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
After scanning thru this thread, it all seems vaguely familiar. Haven't we been here before????

Maybe this is one of those Forums that should never happen - Libertarian Lobotomy / Republican Dichotomy

[}:D]

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
hello g-man....I quoted my imaginary g-man again in one of the other threads and I wondered how long it would take you to drop in here....as usual, I am on the bottom getting my head kicked in...but it's so much fun!!!!

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?id=76177&page=2
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait.
When Condoleeza Rice takes a shot at running, some day...

The democrats will sic all of their black and female attack dogs on her.
It will be so ugly, it'll be beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Libertarians want the comfort of being able to say,
"I did the right thing".
Without actually doing anything.

If a democrat gets elected and takes away our gun rights, they'll say,
"My Libertarian candidate wouldn't have allowed that to happen".
...and they'll be right.

Just like right now.
"If my Libertarian candidate had been elected, we wouldn't be in this mess!"
Because they secretly believe "..it's America's foreign policy that causes terrorism ...and don't forget about Israel!"

View Quote

Very well stated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
as usual, I am on the bottom getting my head kicked in...but it's so much fun!!!!
View Quote

Well, better you than me, brother. [}:D] I've been the soccer ball round this place WAY too often [BD]

Hey - stick to your guns. No matter how much i disagree with someone, I can respect them if they are logically honest, passionate, and resolved.

Frankly, I see right and wrong in BOTH the libertarian and Republican positions.

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
G-man....the funny thing is that discussing politics is even more futile that debating
religion. On religion, I can say that I disagree, and you can give me the answer faith.
And that trumps all objections.
On the political debate, I can list facts and figures and cases and examples, and the reply is well so the other guys is worse.......It's like rasslin' a pig......
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
G-man....the funny thing is that discussing politics is even more futile that debating
religion. ......It's like rasslin' a pig......
View Quote

SO true. Just remember - the pig LIKES it.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On the political debate, I can list facts and figures and cases and examples.......
View Quote

Well?
Why haven't you, then?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?id=76177&page=2[/url]
View Quote
View Quote

Interesting!  Are the statements contained therein consistent with the Libertarian platform?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I started to repost everything I had put in this thread so far but I will just give you a quick list....and no one has said any of these ain't so...
1.searching children at airports
2.White House inconsistencies(lies) about sept 11
3. Brady Bill
4. SECRET tribunals
5. "No new Taxes"
6. NRA defense of Second Amend(their version)
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I started to repost everything I had put in this thread so far but I will just give you a quick list....and no one has said any of these ain't so...
3. Brady Bill
4. SECRET tribunals
5. "No new Taxes"
View Quote

Oh, I see.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#18]
MIerinMD---which ones?.....as a reader of Heinlein and other politically libertarian leaning authors, and not as a libertarian party member,
I may make statements that are my personal beliefs and not follow the planks of the LP.
And I have always voted republican in national
elections.......big surprise!!!!!
Until the last one.......
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#19]
as elections go, keep in mind one thing.  there are many gunowners out there that are total imbeciles when it comes to voting for the right candidate.  Who would argue with us as a group if we used the numbers that we have?  Not too many politcos have the b**lls to stand up to voters that can make or break their careers.  Think back to Ross Perot, and his effect on the past elections.  I had alot of so called republican friends that could not get themselves to vote for GB1 so we got bubba and hitlery instead.  whoppeee!!!  Stick to your ideals and keep the heat on your elected officials!!!!  If they are pansies like my congresscritter, be the irritant in their morning e-mail, sooner or later you will have an opportunity to score some points and get the law going our way.  Remember, we need to win, and to win we need to get out and vote for our guys, nothing is more persuasive than success.
It is cheaper to vote and to get your fellow gunowners voting, than to have to re-fight the war of independnce.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I am just glad that these loons don't ever get more than about .5% of the General vote.  
Let Ralph Nader take his 3% slice of the Democratic pie, and let the libertarians be happy "doing the right thing".
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buchannon?  No, I was smart!  I voted for Bush!  After all, he really made my "pre-bans" go up in value!  Come to think of it, he's the one we should thank for the terms "pre/post-ban" coming into our vocabulary!  [:P]

DaMan
View Quote

Um, no.  That was the 1994 Assault Weapons ban that did that. Signed into law September 13, 1994 by William Jefferson Clinton.
View Quote

Ah, so when Bush signed off on the "IMPORT BAN" ... that wasn't really a "ban" because it only affected those evil military type imports like SKSs and AKs.  So my Norinco AK is NOT a "pre-ban" model, it's a "pre-import regulation" model????!!!!  [:P]

But since you mentioned Klinton's ban of 1994, that's really not a problem because Republicans are going to get that ban repealed!!! [:P]

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/elect/ep/epr/eprdl148.htm[/url]

DaMan    
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#24]
A GRAND TOTAL of 77 people from the entire net have signed on.

I haven't seen a better illustration of the underwhelming influence of the Libertarians in modern US politics.
View Quote

That makes sense RAF...when your well fed carcass is marching off to the slaughter house with the rest of the chickens, take comfort in the great number of chickens among you. Just don't look outside the coop at the fox and think how you outwitted him because HE won't be the one eating you.

roy d.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#25]
My god. Are some of you people daft?  [b]RON PAUL IS A REPUBLICAN.[/b] The GOP party line towers kept complaining about libertarian candidates and now that you have a viable pro-original intent Constitutionalist WITHIN YOUR OWN PARTY, you all choose instead to just to hem and haw every single excuse NOT TO BACK HIM. Have you become so complacent with your tactic of diminshing returns called "voting for the lesser of 2 evils" that you feel threatened of prospect of more of your rights NOT going down the slippery slope? Where are all of the "why don't you fix the republican party" shouters??? Here is YOUR chance and I know that many people are more than willing to help...or are you going spout off bullshit excuses too?

Ok let me make this easy to understand, you get Ron Paul the GOP nomination, HE WOULD NOT BE RUNNING AS A 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE. Like I said before, there are no more excuses.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OK, kids, let's do the math.

The petition was first posted to this site at 0403 11 DEC (today)
The first poster from this site that stated his vote # was at 0435  11 DEC (today).  His number was 223.
Stubbs just signed.  His # was 300.

So that means that during the 12 hours plus that the post has been up (that we know about, the thing could have been languishing for weeks)

A GRAND TOTAL of 77 people from the entire net have signed on.

I haven't seen a  better illustration of the underwhelming influence of the Libertarians in modern US politics.
View Quote

Maybe you didn't or can't read, but nowhere in the petition does it metion the LP.

The fact that GOP gun owners are UNWILLING to support one of their own that they have said time and time again was one of their most admired elected representatives, tells me that "modern republican politics" means, give lip service but beat a hasty retreat when it comes down to actually doing something to save the 2nd Amendment and the Republic.

It is amazing to read the responses of those here who have a severe hatred of those who believe in the Constitution.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Voting for unelectable third-party candidates is what got Bill Clinton elected.  Keep that in mind.
View Quote

EXACTLY!

Teddy Roosevelt couldn't do it.
John Anderson (who?) couldn't do it.
Ross Perot couldn't do it. (but he screwed GHWB)
Ralph Nader couldn't do it. (but he screwed Gore)

Third-party [b]Presidential[/b] candidates are like writing in "None of the above".  They destroy the incumbent.

Do you prefer the sound of "President Daschle?"

Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Keep them coming people.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#29]
How pitiful as individuals and collectively as a nation we have become when we will choose not to do what our spirits demand of us simply because to do so won't win us an election, acceptance or what have you.

I will vote for Ron Paul because my very development as a human being demands that I do no less. I don't give a royal damn whether he is electable or not. He stands for what I have put my life on the line for, and that which I demand.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It is amazing to read the responses of those here who have a severe hatred of those who believe in the Constitution.
View Quote

That means so much coming from someone who not-so-long-ago loudly proclaimed that he wished the United States would turn into the police state we deserve. Hmmmmm, yeah. A real believer in the Constitution alright.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That means so much coming from someone who not-so-long-ago loudly proclaimed that he wished the United States would turn into the police state we deserve. Hmmmmm, yeah. A real believer in the Constitution alright.
View Quote

I didn't have to wish. You people are bringing it willingly upon yourselves.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#35]

...you f'ing idiots are the reason we had to endure 8 years of Bill Clinton.  You piece of shit "purists" opted to weaken President Bush by either supporting the likes of Pat Buchannan or any of the other numerous unelectable dipshits rather than vote for someone who will at least give our cause an audience.  The end result was that the conservative vote was split and Bill Clinton was elected along with his anti-2nd Amendment agenda.  

Angry at the Brady Bill?  YOU CAUSED IT!
MierinMD
View Quote

OK, let's clarify something: didn't Reagan, et al, co-op the infamous ban? His support gave it the just the push it needed, and he was no longer in office. Clinton didn't write it, but he was able to sign it into law because of reps. who caved in to social & political pressure (No surprise) and passed it through to him.

Clinton's signature was a foregone conclusion. Getting it (The bill) past the Legislative bodies was the real trick. Reagan sealed our fate (As it were) by adding his support. As I remember, that was the watershed event that catalyzed its passage.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not a Republican.  YOU get Paul the Republican nomination.  Oh, I forgot.  Most of the folks who would vote to nominate him are either Libertarians or not in a position in the Republican party to help him.

Face the political realities, PLEASE.
View Quote

Ok then, what do YOU suggest doing?

Tell me what you think "political realities" are going to look line in 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ah, so when Bush signed off on the "IMPORT BAN" ... that wasn't really a "ban" because it only affected those evil military type imports like SKSs and AKs.  So my Norinco AK is NOT a "pre-ban" model, it's a "pre-import regulation" model????!!!!  [:P]

DaMan    
View Quote

Okay, seeing that you recognize that you were wrong about your earlier statement, you've moved on to something else.

Explanation: The Bush 1989 "Foreign Weapons Ban" was a temporary freeze in order for there to be a review on whether or not they complied with the 1968 "sporting purposes" clause.  It was only when BUSH WAS DEFEATED THAT BILL CLINTON SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER MAKING FOREIGN IMPORTATION PERMANENT.

While clearly a mistake was made by Bush, your choice for an unelectable candidate made it permanent.

But of course, you knew that already.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

So?  You think that terrorists are beyond using children?  Ask any Viet Nam vet, or Israeli soldier that terrorist have no qualms about using childeren to further their cause.

View Quote

You still have yet to clarify THIS allegation

3. Brady Bill
View Quote

Um, no.  That was Bill Clinton.  Next....

4. SECRET tribunals
View Quote

Military tribunals have been used through out our history and have been shown to be Constitutionally permissible.  US citizens are NOT affected by this.  Since when are foreign nationals covered by OUR Constitution?  I guess you believe that foreign terrorist should be allowed to have a showcase trial on nationwide TV so they can have an avenue to spread their propaganda?  Get a grip.

5. "No new Taxes"
View Quote

I'll give you this one.  Bush went back on this pledge because of his insistance on a Capital Gains reduction.  Dems agreed to in on the condition that he raise other taxes.  They knew they were setting a political trap for him and he fell for it.  His mistake.

View Quote

I don't even know what the f'ck that means.  Are you saying that the NRA shouldn't be allowed to participate in the political process.  I guess your Libertarian party has done more nationally to secure the freedoms of the 2nd Amendment than they have.  Please show me some examples of the Libertarians fine work on the national 2nd Amendment agenda.  Betcha can't.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:40:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My god. Are some of you people daft?  [b]RON PAUL IS A REPUBLICAN.[/b] The GOP party line towers kept complaining about libertarian candidates and now that you have a viable pro-original intent Constitutionalist WITHIN YOUR OWN PARTY, you all choose instead to just to hem and haw every single excuse NOT TO BACK HIM. Have you become so complacent with your tactic of diminshing returns called "voting for the lesser of 2 evils" that you feel threatened of prospect of more of your rights NOT going down the slippery slope? Where are all of the "why don't you fix the republican party" shouters??? Here is YOUR chance and I know that many people are more than willing to help...or are you going spout off bullshit excuses too?

Ok let me make this easy to understand, you get Ron Paul the GOP nomination, HE WOULD NOT BE RUNNING AS A 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE. Like I said before, there are no more excuses.
View Quote

Problem is Imbroglio, is that the GOP already has a candidate for the 2004 Presidential election.  His name is George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How pitiful as individuals and collectively as a nation we have become when we will choose not to do what our spirits demand of us simply because to do so won't win us an election, acceptance or what have you.

I will vote for Ron Paul because my very development as a human being demands that I do no less. I don't give a royal damn whether he is electable or not. He stands for what I have put my life on the line for, and that which I demand.
View Quote

Please remember that when President Daschle or President Gephardt come asking for your liberty.  Remember to say "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul" as they walk out with your guns.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#41]
So the Libertarian's new strategy is to lick Bush...?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#42]
It appears to me that Republicans have become really good at losing over principle than winning because they are right.  "we won't go down to THEIR level, let them lie about us all they want, we are too pure to engage in such partisinship."  the idea folks is to win small victories and built on those.  trying to get ron paul to go lib just allows the democrats another shot at another house seat.  the tactic they use is to lie as much as it takes to get things passed, "why this law ONLY applies to evil murdering assault weapons, not your deer rifle (sniper rifle)" and the sheeple buy it every time.  fight fire with fire.  call them on their lies and don't let them voice an opinion without challenge.  the tactic of small victories is what got them the AW and hi-cap mag ban, lautenberg, brady, etc.  None passed by overwhelming margins, BUT they passed.  we need to push the same way.  Example:  the law now allows pilots to carry guns, but the FAA is sure to block it, so we need to pressure our reps to make it the law of the land, just like local law enforcement was pressured to play along with the waiting period and background checks.  if people see that guns are used to defend them, in the hands of airline pilots, and nothing untoward happens (and it won't), then we move towards 50 state CCW and allowing AW and hi-cap ban to sunset.  Remember recent court rulings on the 2nd stating its intent to apply to individuals, not some "militia", the environment is ripe for a legislative push to roll back some of the "laws" that have been thrown on us.  Just keep the 2002 and 2004 elections in mind when talking to fellow gunowners, and remind them of who the real enemies are (and it ain't ashcroft!!!).  My .02 cents.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm just going to write in myself, next election.
I'm the only person I trust to look out for my rights.
I don't care that I don't have a chance, or that I'm not even campaigning.
What does that matter?
I get to feel good about myself for voting my conscience, rather than my common sense.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]
In general, the Republicans have done a piss-por job of defending the Second Amendment (and the remainder of the Constitution as well).

So, to reward them we should continue to vote for them and put them in office?!?!?  Why?  Just because they "suck less" than the Democrats?  Yea, that's what the Founder's intended!  Give me a break!

From 1994 up until very recently, the Republicans controlled both houses of the Congress.  Did anyone see LESS gun control come about in that time?  Did anyone see a Constitutional amendment to over turn Roe v. Wade even INTRODUCED to the floor of either house?

What exactly did Bush Sr. do to curb the scourge of abortion during his four years?  NOTHING!  How did he act to protect Gun Rights?  How did he attempt to strengthen our military?  Exactly how did he succeed in enacting "smaller government"?  Are not all of these things supposedly Republican ideals?  Well, where is the action to back up what they say?

That being said, I think running a thrid party candidate for president is lunacy (for now).  It's like trying to win the Indy 500 on a tricycle!  The third parties should be focusing on gaining acceptance at the local and State levels FIRST.  Then, perhaps they could grab a few seats in Congress....THEN they can pursue the presidency.  Putting all your hopes in one man is not the way to make it happen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm agreeing with Imbrolio in this thread.  

*Pinch*....and, I'm awake.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ron Paul might be pro-gun, but he's a [b]major[/b] whacko [whacko]
View Quote

not a Major whacko, but a Minor whacko; dont give him that much credit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Alright, you guys caught me on a bad day so I'll vent on you.  Please remember that I don't mean any of this personally....but

...you f'ing idiots are the reason we had to endure 8 years of Bill Clinton.  You piece of shit "purists" opted to weaken President Bush by either supporting the likes of Pat Buchannan or any of the other numerous unelectable dipshits rather than vote for someone who will at least give our cause an audience.  The end result was that the conservative vote was split and Bill Clinton was elected along with his anti-2nd Amendment agenda.  

Angry at the Brady Bill?  YOU CAUSED IT!

Angry at the 2nd Amendment challenges by the courts looking to restrict individual rights?
YOU CAUSED IT!

Against abortion? YOUR HANDS ARE AS BLOODY AS SLICK WILLIE'S!

It is unbelieveable that looking back on how close the 2000 election was (which hinged on a couple of hundered votes) that you are willing to f'ck over the party that gave you John Ashcroft, the single most important advocate for us in recent history.

You people make me sick.  You don't deserve liberty, you deserve the cold hand of individual enslavement that only the Democratic Party can provide.

(Remember, I meant none of this personally)

MierinMD
View Quote

a Democracy instead of a Republic; You caused it. nothing personal since we support most of the same things.

what has caused the "downfall" of america is not people standing behind their convictions, but people running away from it. yes voting primary party now can help now, but it will not help down the road. most Americans are not taught what being American really means. this will not be acomplished by ignoring those who want to promote such ideals.

third party candidates should concentrate on local elections only. this will help bring focus on issues and build a ground base in a policital sense. Libertarians should stay away from Presidential elections as well as other well meaning parties.

like Allen Keyes whom i like and Ron Paul; i dont think they just have a "snowballs" chance in hell. why cant Ron Paul obtain any momentum? exposure is the key.

unheated lib
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top