Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 1:48:56 PM EDT
Has anyone taken a gander at the stuffed lions in Chicago from the movie "Ghost and the Darkness"? Are they as impressive as imagined?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Here they are in all of their magnificent glory:
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/PBU6OsCoBQIAAAdWctY_1340_33.pjpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen them.  No, they don't look that impressive.  Not the greatest taxidermy work.  And, unlike the movie lions, these don't have any manes(sp?).  The thorn fences, bushes, pulled all of the long mane hair out of both lions.  They look like lioness'.  What's impressive is how many people the two ate!  I saw them after reading the book, "Lions of Tsavo", before the movie came out that was based on that book.  It is still cool to see them though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
So how many did they eat?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw them about 4-5 years ago. I think I remember reading a blurb by the display to the effect that the lions appeared smaller in the display than they actually were do to the taxidermy process.

"The Ghost and the Darkness" was a damn good movie. I remember stumbling across it at a $.50 theater and being extremely impressed at its lack of PC BS and the quality of the gun handling.

Adam
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Not since the last time the DA BEARS sent 'em packin'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top