Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2001 2:56:16 PM EDT
I just saw Spann questioning Walker on the news. He wasnt abusive, just asking questions. The jackass was just sitting there not saying a word. I cant describe my feelings when I know this scumbag is alive and his father trying to tell everyone what a good boy he is. I say let Spann's widow and three kids decide what to do with Walker.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:22:32 PM EDT
... I read the exchange that was video taped but haven't seen it. ... Where did you?
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:23:51 PM EDT
Walker may not face a treason trial By Michael Doyle Bee Washington Bureau (Published Wednesday, December, 5, 2001 6:07AM) WASHINGTON -- The American identified as John Walker might now find his name shackled to the likes of Tokyo Rose, Aaron Burr and the poet Ezra Pound. By being captured among other Taliban fighters, the 20-year-old man raised in California's comfortable Marin County could face the historically resonant charge of treason. And though a treason trial appears unlikely, the legal scenarios still are being mapped out in military lawyers' offices. "I do know a bit about the various options, and I haven't landed on one at the moment," Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Tuesday. "We'll get to that in good time." Rumsfeld added "there may be a couple of other" captured Taliban fighters who claim U.S. citizenship. A former student at the Islamic Center of Mill Valley, John Walker assumed his mother's last name. Walker's father, Frank Lindh, said on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that he has hired a lawyer and hopes to soon visit his wounded son. The Los Angeles Times reported that Lindh has hired James J. Brosnahan, a highly regarded San Francisco lawyer, to represent his son. "We have have asked our government for safe passage for John's parents and me to visit with John as soon as possible," Brosnahan said in a brief statement Tuesday. "We also asked that no charges be filed against John until we have had an opportunity to speak with the United States government." Walker could face death if convicted of the only crime that merits its own definition in the Constitution. At the least, a treason conviction would cost him five years in prison. Separately, he could lose his citizenship. Seditious conspiracy covers those who conspire to "destroy by force" or "levy war against" the U.S. government, and can bring a 20-year prison term. However, this crime involves only people acting "in any place" subject to U.S. jurisdiction. A 10-year prison term could follow conviction on charges of rebellion or insurrection, covering those who give "aid or comfort" to people in rebellion "against the authority of the United States." First, authorities must determine what Walker was doing with the Taliban forces he was captured with at a prison compound at Mazar-e-Sharif. A CIA paramilitary officer, Johnny "Mike" Spann, died along with hundreds of Taliban and Northern Alliance fighters during the prison uprising.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 3:24:26 PM EDT
"At least the allegations suggest the possibility of a charge of treason," Scott Silliman, a 25-year veteran of the Air Force's Judge Advocate General service, said Tuesday, but "it's exceedingly difficult to prove, and the government doesn't want to take on a case it might lose." If Walker was shooting at Northern Alliance troops, that's one thing. If he was shooting at Spann, that's another. Who might have seen him fight is crucial. Silliman predicted "the administration will look for a way for Walker to cooperate with them, in providing intelligence" and might then win leniency. As a U.S. citizen, Walker is not subject to powerful military tribunals established under a presidential order issued Nov. 13. "I suspect it's unlikely that they're going to end up with a treason trial," said John Norton Moore, director of the Center for National Security Law at the University of Virginia Law School. Prosecutions are rare, with only about 30 prior treason cases in U.S. history. The reporter can be reached at mdoyle@mcclatchydc.com or (202) 383-0006.
Someone should take this waste of air out back and crush his skull with a rock!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 4:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2001 4:12:29 PM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Send the rat bastard to the Taliban futbol field of death![xx(] Oh ya, I just saw the clip too. Walker was in prime postion to attack Spann when the mele began. WATCH MSNBC NOW!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 4:26:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARDOC: I just saw Spann questioning Walker on the news. He wasnt abusive, just asking questions. The jackass was just sitting there not saying a word. I cant describe my feelings when I know this scumbag is alive and his father trying to tell everyone what a good boy he is. I say let Spann's widow and three kids decide what to do with Walker.
View Quote
Wait, the US government must have doctored that video. Invictus and Lib of '76 told us Mike Spann was a madman, running around shooting tied up prisoners. I mean, my god the Times of India said it was so!! The government is somehow involved with this fake video.{Imbroglio mode off}
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:08:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21: [img]www.treefort.org/~cbdoten/rvntanks/sp071632.jpg[/img] [:|]
View Quote
I saw the footage of this pic and the dude's head was gushing blood out like a spout. Pretty sick indeed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2001 5:08:21 PM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Originally Posted By Hoople:
Originally Posted By ARDOC: I just saw Spann questioning Walker on the news. He wasnt abusive, just asking questions. The jackass was just sitting there not saying a word. I cant describe my feelings when I know this scumbag is alive and his father trying to tell everyone what a good boy he is. I say let Spann's widow and three kids decide what to do with Walker.
View Quote
Wait, the US government must have doctored that video. Invictus and Lib of '76 told us Mike Spann was a madman, running around shooting tied up prisoners. I mean, my god the Times of India said it was so!! The government is somehow involved with this fake video.{Imbroglio mode off}
View Quote
Ya, he did appear to have an AK on his back, but I saw no shooting of any sort going on. He should have let the NA "frag" Walker's sorry ass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2001 5:15:42 PM EDT by DaMan]
View Quote
I'm not sticking up for Walker, but Spann's "compassionate" questioning was just part of his role in an interrogation technique known as "Mutt and Jeff or Bad Cop/Good Cop". "Dave" was playing "Jeff/Bad Cop". It may very well have been Walker, who after questioning, went back to his colleagues and exposed Walker and "Dave" as CIA or at least "American Speaking" agents! DaMan
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:43:21 PM EDT
Someone please "off" this SOB! Misguided 20 year old my ass. I can see a "Free Walker" campaign coming just like "Free Mumiya"!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:44:55 PM EDT
Jeffrey Dahmer was a misguided youth too you know. Also, Richard Ramirez, Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacey, etc...
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:17:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoople:Wait, the US government must have doctored that video. Invictus and Lib of '76 told us Mike Spann was a madman, running around shooting tied up prisoners. I mean, my god the Times of India said it was so!! The government is somehow involved with this fake video.{Imbroglio mode off}
View Quote
Who said that we don't know when we are wrong when we see evidence of it? Walker should be tried, convicted, and executed ASAP!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:48:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2001 9:37:10 PM EDT by toaster]
Like I said in a previous thread, he deserves a 21 gun salute from a seven man firing squad. (Each with 3 live rounds) Treason is treason. Period!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:31:59 PM EDT
[img]http://www.ballericons.com/icon/20061.gif[/img] ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:24:08 PM EDT
The Government should just send to a common jail. I wonder how long he would last. Even Jeff didnt last too long. The convicts are criminals but even they have a pecking order. Walker might just make it under the pedophiles.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:30:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2001 12:23:22 AM EDT by Ratters]
Originally Posted By Ulysse_Nardin_1846: Send the rat bastard to the Taliban futbol field of death![xx(]
View Quote
Exactly. Let him learn what his "social justice" is all about. Dummass SFB. They should send the parents there to watch as well, so they can see what they have created.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:07:48 AM EDT
I say that we export him to a CANADIAN penal institution for incarceration... [b]Attention Striker![/b] Can you give all of us "visiting priviledges"? Seriously ---> This guy needs a visit to the local Taliban soccer stadium for one of those "special events".
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:24:54 PM EDT
At least on video, Spann didn't do or say anything that outrageous. Antiwar.com made it sound like he was threatening the guy with death. Sounds more like he was telling it like it is--we won, you play ball or face the music. Before you go beating up on Walker, remember that a lot of religions successfully brianwash people into doing things that sane people wouldn't do. It's possible he can be deprogrammed and realize what he has done is treasonous. Summary execution is unnecessary--he didn't fight very well, didn't partake in the 9/11 outrage, and is just as much a victim of the Taleban as most of the other poor fools who get roped into these religious causes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:45:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By trickshot: Before you go beating up on Walker, remember that a lot of religions successfully brianwash people into doing things that sane people wouldn't do. It's possible he can be deprogrammed and realize what he has done is treasonous. Summary execution is unnecessary--he didn't fight very well, didn't partake in the 9/11 outrage, and is just as much a victim of the Taleban as most of the other poor fools who get roped into these religious causes.
View Quote
Screw making excuses for brainwashed, feeble minded assholes. He should be shot while trying to escape.
Top Top