User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 1:10:00 PM EDT
Check the link:
[url]http://msnbc.com/news/667747.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
From teh article...

After strangling the white-tailed deer, Gutowski gutted it and hung it in his garage to skin it. Then a state conservation officer came to confiscate the animal. She explained that Michigan has seasons for killing deer legally with guns or bows-and-arrows. There is no season for garroting deer.

HEARING THAT angered Gutowski, 41 years old, a burly man in a crew cut and goatee. He had killed deer before, he told the officer, but never in self-defense. He wanted the head on his wall and the venison in his freezer. “Please don’t take that deer,” he told the officer. “You don’t know what happened.”
View Quote

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I have heard a lot of cool stuff in my day, but "THAT WAS AWESOME".

In Illinois an attacking deer can be killed legally anytime, and a legally killed deer can be kept by whoever claims it.  No tag is needed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
"Lt. Molnar issued a “highway kill” permit that lets Gutowski keep the animal. Only its antlers remain. Gutowski plans to have them mounted on a plaque with the belt he used to kill the young buck."

Awwwww, a happy ending!  
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't see that every day.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
More....

The forensic evidence supported much of Gutowski’s story. The deer’s left eye was nearly obliterated. Bleeding in the animal’s brain indicated repeated blows to the head. Bruising and bleeding around the neck suggested the animal had been choked. Dr. O’Brien determined the proximate cause of death to be strangulation.
      But there was more. X-rays showed that the deer’s left hind leg had been broken so badly that the bone had torn through muscle. The right side of the pelvis also was broken, with muscle sheared off the bone. It was the kind of damage typically inflicted by an automobile.
      A check with the Manistee police revealed that a deer had been hit the day before Gutowski’s encounter, not far from where he killed the buck. Steven Kott of Manistee had been driving to work when he heard something slam into his pickup. He stopped and saw a deer with antlers struggling off the road, dragging its hind legs. It disappeared into the brush along Manistee Lake. The truck sustained $1,859 in damage.
      Dr. O’Brien’s two-page report concluded that the deer probably would have died from the injuries to its hindquarters. It would have had minimal use of its hind legs and been in great pain, the veterinarian says.  

Lt. Molnar concluded that Gutowski’s story was essentially true, although he doubted that the deer could have charged. “Maybe it felt like it was cornered and maybe it felt like it was trying to defend itself,” he says. “It may have stepped toward him.” The lieutenant doesn’t believe Gutowski knew the deer was injured.

“That deer kicked the crap out of me. He threw me around like I weigh five pounds.”
— DAVID GUTOWSKI
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Terrorist Deer!!!!

R35
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]"Then, with the antlers in one hand, Gutowski slipped off his belt, looped it around the deer’s neck and pulled. Grunting with exertion, Gutowski told it, “You’re mine.”[/b]

Ummm....  Penthouse Forum March, no, May '86?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
hunters (previously being the only legitimate gun onwners) don't need guns after all! Wait till sarah finds out!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That is wild. I call for a ban on belts.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
thats almost as good as the one with the guy calling the cops from the phone booth because he found a deer and a german sheperd was trying to take it from him and he wanted to know who had the right to the deer the dog or him, what a fight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that we should send this guy to get Osama!

I also think that this deflates the arguement made by peta types that hunters have the upper hand a deer cannot defend itself against them.

I will have to write down this story and share it with my grandkids in 30 years.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Terrorist Deer!!!!
View Quote

We must open-up NICS so that Chuckie Schumer can tell us if this deer bought any firearms before this attack.  There could be more of them out in the woods.  We need to find them and detain them.z
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent.

Don't mess with housepainters!

They'll grunt as they strangle you with a belt, and then eat you. [kill]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[b]"Then, with the antlers in one hand, Gutowski slipped off his belt, looped it around the deer’s neck and pulled. Grunting with exertion, Gutowski told it, “You’re mine.”[/b]

Ummm....  Penthouse Forum March, no, May '86?
View Quote

We have a winner!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top