Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2001 9:27:25 AM EDT
Anybody using this service ?  Free internet is an attractive offer. Pros?Cons?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Use to, way back.  You're limited to 20 hours a month as of the new year.  They said that free unlimited wasn't cutting it (as in loosing $$$$)  After that, you pay.  Info on their web site.

I use to use Spinway (software for Costco free ISP and K-Mart 'Bluelight').  Spinway went under and K-mart went on their own.  It's a pay now....

If you have an American Express credit card, go to their web site, look for info on their free ISP.  I found it and love it.  (But I'm cheap, not willing to pay for net serice).  No limits (yet), free email (a standard I guess).  (The card is used to verify you are a card holder).

almost forgot....
Privacy is a big deal.  Read the privacy info on Netzero.  Read on the American Express.  Both say they will track you, but the extend is different and how is listed. I clear my cookies files regularly (once every 30 min).  I know what to look for.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, they suck. They want you to click on banner ads every five minutes. Try writing an e-mail online, you'll lose your connection before you can finish even the shortest note.

Look up American Express Online (the credit card company), you'll need to have or apply for a card but the free internet is GREAT!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to use Net-Zero along time ago...And that is just what the service is...ZERO.

As was said before, you get what you pay for, and I would rather pay for it than be made to suffer their service, or lack thereof.

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top