Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 3/8/2001 9:27:25 AM EDT
Anybody using this service ? Free internet is an attractive offer. Pros?Cons?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:44:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2001 9:58:49 AM EDT by Kaliburz]
Use to, way back. You're limited to 20 hours a month as of the new year. They said that free unlimited wasn't cutting it (as in loosing $$$$) After that, you pay. Info on their web site. I use to use Spinway (software for Costco free ISP and K-Mart 'Bluelight'). Spinway went under and K-mart went on their own. It's a pay now.... If you have an American Express credit card, go to their web site, look for info on their free ISP. I found it and love it. (But I'm cheap, not willing to pay for net serice). No limits (yet), free email (a standard I guess). (The card is used to verify you are a card holder). almost forgot.... Privacy is a big deal. Read the privacy info on Netzero. Read on the American Express. Both say they will track you, but the extend is different and how is listed. I clear my cookies files regularly (once every 30 min). I know what to look for.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:48:33 AM EDT
Yeah, they suck. They want you to click on banner ads every five minutes. Try writing an e-mail online, you'll lose your connection before you can finish even the shortest note. Look up American Express Online (the credit card company), you'll need to have or apply for a card but the free internet is GREAT!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:09:41 AM EDT
I used to use Net-Zero along time ago...And that is just what the service is...ZERO. As was said before, you get what you pay for, and I would rather pay for it than be made to suffer their service, or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:12:51 AM EDT
Top Top