Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 10:18:29 AM EDT
I just called Providian up, I have bveen a good customer for a few years. They up my limit( ie, more guns) but keep the interest at 23.99%...I politley as if the rate can be reduced as I have been evaluating my credit and have cards at 8%, actually 7.99% but do they think we are so stupid as to be fooled by.99%.
So Daisy says, well you knew that it was that when you applied for it......excuse me! Do you understand? close my account.....she continued to be rude but switched me to the colosing my account department.....they told me they could reduce it to 19.99%, then 14.99 % , well not good enough, I told them that I was from NJ and that loansharking was against the law.
As she is trying to keep me as a customer, I introduce the RRRRRRR...... souind of my shredder........
Just sharing...it feels soo good!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Been there, done that...  

Also, if you are even 1 day late on a payment, all future transactions will be at their highest possible interest rate effective immediately.  This includes all existing balances!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a Providian card. That company SUCKS!!!!!!! I went through the same exact conversation.

I have since switched both my Visa & Mastercard through my alumni association at a MUCH better rate. Screw Providian.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
providian is the spawn of satan

I wish I was kidding.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Them and Beneficial.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
And Washington Mutual...

I ended up with $200 in Fees for going 3 cents over my Balance. I'm not kidding. And on top of that, the deposit should have coem through first thing in the morning.

Long story short:

I deposited some money Friday afternoon around CLosing Time. It would show up on Monday morning. Well, I had to take care of some stuff that weekend. I figured since I had deposited the money already I was fine. Uh Uh. The last charge that day put me 3 cents over my balance without the deposit. They immdediately hit me with NSF/Overdraft Charges. Then on Moday morning they took my Deposit and deducted it from all the fees they had racked up. They didn't notify me, so I continued to use my Card to pay bills, etc...Well, a week later it comes back denied. I find out they had charged me over $200 in falls all becuase of 1-3 cent overdraft. I finally got a notice in the mail, the day my card was denied. They refused to reduce the charges even after I showed them that I had already deposited the money before I used the card.

They had the money...But, they used that clearing crap to hit me with NSF fees.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Granted Providian does SUCK,but really they all suck!...unless you  pay the balance monthly you gotta research the ones that suck the least.[:|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top