Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/6/2001 3:41:33 AM EDT
Since the BOTD thread is really popular with some people, but it seems to get out of hand with some pushing the limits, why not create a permenant BOTD thread with a dedicated moderator who posts the pics out of submitted ones. That way members can send the babe pics to the moderator who reviews the post and activates it or deletes it according to a standard that won't jeopardize the advert. revenue for GB. Just an idea. BTW: Since SteyrAug apologized, I also think he should be reactivated.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:52:48 AM EDT
Jesus H. Christ.....why can't some of yall just drop this shit?????
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:54:50 AM EDT
I'm just trying to come up with a better solution. Some forums can lock posts until they are approved. Didn't know if this was something that GB could do. Just trying to come up with a solution.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:56:51 AM EDT
The mere fact that NOBODY gets paid to moderate, it seems pointless to put a lot of required work on that person!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:57:55 AM EDT
Ditto Ponyboy, I just typed [b]Babes of the Day[/b] on my MSN search and got 307,184 Hits. Isn't that enough for you fellas? Jeeesh, is this a Firearm Reference site or a haven for pervs and whiners. Sorry for the rant but enough already. Mike
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:52:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:27:24 AM EDT
I've got a resolution for the BOTD thread... Don't have a BOTD thread. THIS IS A FIREARMS WEBSITE!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:07:05 AM EDT
Gee, Golly, Gee with all these creative solutions seems as if something is a done deal. Since several are giving their opinion on the BOTD I will too. Personally I thought the BOTD threads were disgusting, loathsome, degrading to women, detrimental to our young and were probably the cause of in-grown toe nails. (I really liked that thread.) [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:48:24 AM EDT
I've not wanted to get involved in a lot of this 'users v. mods' fiasco...mostly because I think both are right and wrong, and that the mods get the final say....however.... This is the one thing that kinda irks me, and it's the same reason why I've been really slow going back to hkpro's site. Yes, this is a firearms website....but if you want to take that track, why not go one step further: GFD already exists. Just kill GD completely and ban anyone who posts a non direct-firearms related posts. Traffic will get cut down, the mods will have an easier time, and you won't have to worry about BOTD threads. Problem solved....at least from a mod point of view. Then again, by that logic, just about every thread from 9-11 would have been locked because, as we so often point out, no firearms were involved. It's similar to what I said at hkpro a while ago.....a big part of the draw of a site like this is not just it's information, but it's vitality. The congregation of minds not chained to a single task. Doing so would make it a more focused resource board but at the same time kill it's vitality, it's vibrancy. Part of the reason I come here is to get information on AR-15 based firearms and it's various accessories. The other part is to congregate with people who shared these interests. Not just to debate firearms, but life as well. This is only my opinion, but it would be like getting together with friends at the range, but anyone who talks about anything other than guns get's their ass thrown to the curb. I certainly respect the rights of the mods to do this....it's their board, it's their baby. This isn't a business, and we're not customers. They have the right to close the door to anyone. Maybe I haven't been a productive poster just yet...he'll maybe most people have me on the ignore list....but I think if that kind of crackdown starts, I'd definitely exercise my option to lurk only and post my 'business elsewhere'. I'd just hate to see it happen.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:50:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 9:50:28 AM EDT by bunghole]
THIS IS A FIREARMS WEBSITE!
View Quote
I guess this board should go the way of The Firing Line. There will be the [b][i]General Firearms Discussion[/i][/b] forum and the [b][i]General Non-Firearms Discussion for Anything Related to Firearms[/i][/b] (firearms topics only please). [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:01:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:03:43 AM EDT
Make me a mod. then. I am more than happy to work the BOTD Threads. Hell, I surf them already. You don't even have to pay me. Just send me those great pics of the womenz.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:04:17 AM EDT
All good things....
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:48:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:10:34 PM EDT
Actually, GoatBoy is somewhat right. I wouldn't care if BOTD ever comes back. I just want SteyrAug back. I am sure this is what most of us "bitchers" want. The Original BOTD was cool because it had to have broken some record for number of times viewed and posts. Also, until now, there was no rule against BOTD and in the case of the last one it wasn't violating any rules. I propose that GB invite SteyrAug Back and if GB so wishes, then make it under the condition that SA [b]initiates or begins[/b] no more BOTD or BOTD-Related Threads.
Top Top