Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 8:04:38 AM EDT
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/75/ic/jd/Ax81169.jpg[/img]

Last time I looked that "safety" was a magazine release,and that "clip" was called a magazine.

Must be some ad agency using people with no knowledge of guns to try and sell books relating to guns,go figure.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Just think of the Magazine Release button as a 'kind-of safety'.  Press it, and the rifle becomes as safe as a bolt action rifle.

Why is the guy's finger on the trigger anyway?

Everyone knows you should have a loaded weapon and an itchy trigger finger when you read books.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys have got it all wrong.  In that picture the safety is still on.  To take the safety off, you push on it and give it 1/2 a turn (either direction works).  It will pop right out of the receiver into your hand.  The weapon is then ready to fire.  (Most soldiers carry the safety in their LH hip pockets for easy retrieval with their right hand when they need to make the rifle safe again.)

*geesh* I expected more from you guys..

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That "safety" is useless if theres a round chambered.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]
Quoted:
Well, Molitas, if you ask THEM, they will swear to you that they are using the right terminology, and that you need to get with it.
Yes, I have had this type of conversation before.
Always with the same result.
Ignorant people like to wallow in it.
[rolleyes]
View Quote
[/b]

Somehow I just don't think they care if they are correct or not.
But considering the publications they run that ad in you would think they are going to get called on it a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top