Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 4:27:45 AM EDT
Time to eat some  [img]www.shades-of-night.com/aviary/bwcrow3.gif[/img]

[size=6]VOLS WIN!!!!!!!!!! VOLS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!![/size=6]

jboze predicted 47 - 13 Florida, and that the game would be over by halftime.

AAAAAANNNTT! Wrong answer!!!!

He also said that I wouldn't "be runnign my mouth after Saturday."

How's yer dinner baby?? Tasty?????

RikWriter said he didn't "think there is any way in hell" that Tennessee can beat Florida.

[size=6] Well, welcome to HELL pal!!!! [/size=6]

Oh, yeah, Reverend73 said Teneessee had "no chance in the Swamp."

Apparently, THIS Reverend AIN'T been talking to God. We came into YOUR HOUSE, and dropped your pants on national TV.  BWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

OK, I kid you guys.

But one truth STILL remains - Steve Spuriier is an [expletive deleted]hole.

After the game, he couldn't even bring his puny self to congratulate Tennessee. He a whiny, false accusing, sore loser. He's an embarrassment to college football, and frankly, I would rather hang with Fulmer, and lose EVERY Florida - Tenn game, than to EVER be associated with Spurrier.

Y'all can have him.

See ya next year, Gatorz.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I of course knew the "Vol's" would win all along !!!!  (Yeah, unhuh, lie,lie)
roll tide (Notice the very small and quiet letters.)
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What???

No Gator fans gonna speak up for their AVERAGE team (but at least honorable players) and their despicable coach????

[}:D]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
spurrier is undoutably the sorriest POS in all of football.  Congrats to the Vols for a great game, but I was secretly hoping for a gator-flop win so my CANES could humiliate 'em in the championship game!  Anyway, Miami vs Tenn should be a good one.  GO CANES!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:19:47 AM EDT
[#4]
[img]store.fansonly.com/mifl/store/vendor66/fullscale/banner-c.jpg[/img]
[img]graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mifl/graphics/go-canes-card.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to start anything, but could teh 'Canes have a weaker schedule???

You can't be TOO overjoyed by beating the equivalent of a bunch of snappy high school JV teams.

Shoulda lost to Tech. Should lost to Boston College. Worse,  that's the "TOUGH" part of y'alls schedule.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to start anything, but could teh 'Canes have a weaker schedule???
View Quote

Weaker than what? Weaker than Vanderbilt?  Southern Miss?  HAHAHAHA!

You can't be TOO overjoyed by beating the equivalent of a bunch of snappy high school JV teams.
View Quote

Exactly...which is why UT shouldn't be too overjoyed...

Shoulda lost to Tech. Should lost to Boston College.
View Quote

And UT shoulda lost to Georgia...OOPS!  They DID lose to Georgia, didn't they?  ROFL!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
LSU is gonna bring it. WE WILL be the SEC champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Weaker than what? Weaker than Vanderbilt?  Southern Miss?  HAHAHAHA!

...which is why UT shouldn't be too overjoyed...
View Quote

Teneessee beat the following Top 25 teams - FLORIDA, LSU, South Carolina, and Syracuse. Two of those were BIG road wins. Tennessee's only loss was to Georgia, who is ranked 18. And when georgia beat em, they were ranked higher than that.

Floridas other loss (after Tennesseew [:D]  ) was to mighty Auburn. BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

And UT shoulda lost to Georgia...OOPS!  They DID lose to Georgia, didn't they?  ROFL!
View Quote

Georgia is ranked. Auburn ain't. ROFL!!!

Admit it, Rik . Tennessee embarassed Florida on their home turf. And Spurrier is a jerk. Confession IS good for the soul. [}:D]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]NCAA Division I-A:
ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll
1.Miami Fla (59) 11-0 1,499 1
---------------------------------

The Associated Press Top 25  
RANK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS
1. Miami Fla (72) 11-0 1,800 1
---------------------------------

Bowl Championship Series Standings  
1. Miami (Fla.)
----------------------------------

ESPN.com Top 25 Fan Poll
1. Miami (18,872) 11-0 695,703 2
----------------------------------[/b]

Hey Rik....
Don't sweat it. Garandman[%|] may know the bible, but when it comes to football he's clueless. From ESPN, to all the coaches in the NCAA, to the fans around the country, to the A.P., all roads point to only two very obvious destinations....1) CANES ARE #1 & 2)Garandman[%|]is full of shit!!!

Enjoy the struggle for that coveted #2 spot Garandman[%|]....hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

GO L.S.U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
[img]www.gayorlando.com/gosports/images/go_hurricanes.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#10]
GARANDMAN:  What the hell is wrong with you??  I complement your team for beating the gator and you come up with this weak schedule and "should lost" crap.  I change my mind...I hope LSU kicks the Vols ass and Miami plays Nebraska!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm still hung over. Thirty years since we've won at the Swamp!

As I said correctly before, it was over before we got there, all we had left to do was play the damn game.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Admit it, Rik . Tennessee embarassed Florida on their home turf. And Spurrier is a jerk. Confession IS good for the soul. [}:D]
View Quote

Admit it? I will shout it from the highest rooftop...I am not a UF fan, I am a HURRICANE fan.  The only reason I was rooting for UF was that I KNEW we could abuse their crappy defense in the Rose Bowl.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GARANDMAN:  What the hell is wrong with you??  I complement your team for beating the gator and you come up with this weak schedule and "should lost" crap.  I change my mind...I hope LSU kicks the Vols ass and Miami plays Nebraska!
View Quote

Yo, ragman -

Lighten up, dude.

Ever hear of "trash talkin'?" You may be interested to learn that it is a hallowed part of college football rivalries, for, oh, say the last 20 years or so.

Besides, it is indeed intersting that you address the tone of my statement, but NOT its truthfulness!!!!!!! [}:D]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Besides, it is indeed intersting that you address the tone of my statement, but NOT its truthfulness!!!!!!! [}:D]
View Quote

Funny....I was wondering the same thing about you and all those pesky poll results I posted earlier.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am a HURRICANE fan.  The only reason I was rooting for UF was that I KNEW we could abuse their crappy defense in the Rose Bowl.
View Quote

Everyone knows Miami can punish a crappy defense.

Shoot, son, they been playing crappy defenses all year. And 'cept'n fer VATech and BC, they can usually beat 'em pretty handily.

What the whole nation wants to know is "Can the Canes handle a pretty good defense, like Tennessee's?" Remember, Tenn man handled the #1 offense in the country just Saturday, and the whole team is peaking JUST at he right time.

The other thing the nation wants to know is "Can Miami's defense stop a pretty good offense?" There's no tellin' They haven't played one ALL year.

I'm not sayin' Tenn would crush Miami, or would even beat them. Alls I'm sayin is I like Tenn's chances against Miami.

But that whole discussion is premature. we've got a HUGE game against a pretty strong LSU team, which if Tenn takes lightly, they WILL get beaten by.

But if the Tenn team that thumped Florida shopws up against LSU, then I'll see you in Pasadena.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Funny....I was wondering the same thing about you and all those pesky poll results I posted earlier.
View Quote

The polls ain't closed yet, son. Tenn has unfinished business in Atlanta.

So those polls are pretty much meaningless. I hadn't thought it necessary to explain something THAT obvious. [:D]

And as far as Miami being ranked #1, that's my WHOLE point. Tenn would ALSO be undefeated IF they played a bunch of Pop Warner schools the way Miami does.

Would you care to match Miami's "strength of schedule" against Tennessees?  I thought not.

Truthfully, I don't think Miami belongs in the Rose Bowl, given their LACK OF strength of schedule.

But hey, this is JUST one mans VERY biased opinion. [}:D] Don't take it as more than that. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Gee Mark, you've convinced me...despite the fact that Tennessee plays in an SEC that's in a down year and has some very very mediocre teams and some very very bad ones, I guess we should just hand them a shot at the Rose Bowl.
And the fact that Miami scheduled (three years ahead of time) Penn State and Washington, and also had Florida State, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Boston College on their schedule just pales in comparison to the powerhouse teams Tennessee beat: Memphis, Vanderbilt, two-win Kentucky, and 5-6 Notre Dame...
Get over yourself.  IF your pastel orange patsies can get past a very tough LSU squad, then we'll see how they stack up against a defense that has NFL caliber players at every position in the defensive backfield and every position on the offensive line.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The proof will be on teh field. Rik.

But, Tennessee has more work to do before ANY of that happens.

After this Saturday, THEN we can compare notes, but STILL, the proof will be on the field.

Lookin' forward to it. It all depends on WHICH Tennessee team shows up.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Garandman:  Whether you know it or not, college schedules are put together years before they are actually played.  Miami scheduled Penn State(normally a national powerhouse) years before this years game.  Penn State had a lousy team this year, but Miami certainly did not know that to be the case when the game was scheduled.  Miami always plays FSU, and the Noles also had an off year.  Miami did play and beat excellent teams from Washigton, Siberacuse, BC, and VA Tech.  Also, since you live in the world of "should haves and would haves", do you really think the UT-UF results would have been the same if Florida's excellent running back Graham had been healthy and had played?  I certainly don't!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Garandman:  Whether you know it or not, college schedules are put together years before they are actually played.  Miami scheduled Penn State(normally a national powerhouse) years before this years game.  Penn State had a lousy team this year, but Miami certainly did not know that to be the case when the game was scheduled.  Miami always plays FSU, and the Noles also had an off year.  Miami did play and beat excellent teams from Washigton, Siberacuse, BC, and VA Tech.  Also, since you live in the world of "should haves and would haves", do you really think the UT-UF results would have been the same if Florida's excellent running back Graham had been healthy and had played?  I certainly don't!
View Quote

Excellent points.
Remember garandman, facts remain facts whether you choose to see them or not.[;)]
GO L.S.U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]
M4:  The facts certainly seem to confuse some folks.  I'm done with talking this foolishness, Miami will play for the Championship and that's all I care about with regards to college football.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Garandman,

I know your old, but just a few days ago we had this discussion in another thread.  If you would have checked it, you would have seen that I congratulated UT on stopping the 2-point conversion...ummm, I mean, on winning the game! [:D]

But one truth STILL remains - Steve Spuriier is an [expletive deleted]hole.

After the game, he couldn't even bring his puny self to congratulate Tennessee.
View Quote

Now your smoking the crack pipe again!  You don't have to lie about him, just because you don't like the guy.  His quotes were something to the effect of: "They kicked our butts!  They ran it down our throats!"  This interview was conducted about 30 seconds after the game!  Maybe that's when you were cleaning the shit out of your drawers from being so suprised Tennessee pulled it off!  I mean, he should have said, we beat ourselves.....we left too many points on the field.....Our running back was hurt......We had some bad soup before the game!  You wouldn't be happy if he would have said that that Tennesse team is the best team to ever play College Football!

I love Crow, BTW!  Almost as good as Dove!  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Garandman:  Whether you know it or not, college schedules are put together years before they are actually played.  Miami scheduled Penn State(normally a national powerhouse) years before this years game.  Penn State had a lousy team this year, but Miami certainly did not know that to be the case when the game was scheduled.  !
View Quote

If I had from today until Jan 1 when the Rose Bowl is played, I could not come up with a more irrelevant set of facts re: strnegth of schedule for the Year 2001 season than who was a powerhouse four years ago.

So, I guess all you gotta do is schedule a bunch of has beens, beat them by 30 (or in Miamis case by 2 or 4 points) run teh table and then think you deserve #1 billing. Better yet, schedule some defunct teams that were powerhouses in the 1930's. [}:D] That'll REALLY make your record look good.

When you want to come back into he present, and talk about this year, I'll be glad to discuss it with ya.

Really, its OK for you to be a die hard loyal Canes fan, even though they had the easiest schedule of ANY of the teams that finished in the Top 10.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#24]
BTW, guys -

I believe it was BYU that ALSo ran the table this year.

Why are they NOT #1 instead of y'all??

BECAUSE OF YOUR RELATIVELY STRONGER SCHEDULE.

well, the same thing that HELPS you compared to BYU HURTS you against teams like Tennessee, Oklahoma and Oregon.

Y'all should KNOW this stuff.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Back on September 29 we not only beat LSU but also broke their spirit. This Saturday we are going to crush them.

Pasadena? As much as I love the Canes, it's going to be sweet beating them, then let them come up here next season and beat them again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Boy, you Tennessee fans better hope you win, as big of a game as you TALK.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Boy, you Tennessee fans better hope you win, as big of a game as you TALK.
View Quote

To me, the MOST important game is the SEC championship, and BELEIVE ME, I've got pleanty of concern about Tenn "closing the deal" and winning that game.

The Rose Bowl will be nice, and a national championship would be nicer, but the BSC STILL doesn't have a true playoff system, like s Conference championship does.

To me, its ALMOST as important than Miami NOT be in the Rose Bowl as Tennessee being there. Its proof that the BSC formula STILL doens't work as well as it needs to. I think BYU also ran the table like Miami did. Why aren't they #1???

STRNEGTH OF SCHEDULE, of course. But that just goes to prove that the BCS formula is inequitable in that its keeping BYU out of Pasadena, but its letting Miami in.

And I'm not saying Miami is not a great team. I'm just saiyng the LAST time a Big East team was in teh BIG GAME, they got crushed. Embarrassed. All becasue they ran teh tsable against a bunch of Div 3 level schools. Just like Miami did this year. And I'm not saying tenn could crush Miami, but I'm willing to bet that either Tenn, Nebraska or Oklahoma could (whichever one of them is TRULY #2)

The fact is a team most likely DOES NOT play well in the big game unless they've already HAD a big game or two in their regualr season. Miami's big games were because schlep teams gave Miami a run for their money. Which only makes me wonder 'bout Miami.

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Garandman.......You may have to read this one twice, but I AGREE WITH YOU about Miami!  Why is BYU not playing Miami?  They are undefeated, just like the Canes!  

hmmmm.....Strength of Schedule?!?!?!

WE NEED A F'ING PLAYOFF IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

***Steve Spurrier = The biggest proponent of a college playoff!***  [argue]

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#29]
garandman: I'm done responding to fools!  See ya on 3 Jan 2002, if you guys luck out and get by LSU.  GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Whatever GM...your post made little sense.  With the same breath you seem to be saying that BYU should be playing in the Rose Bowl instead of Tennessee, then saying you think this whole litany of teams could "crush" UM.
You're full of hot air on this, Mark.  Your "tough schedule" (and THAT is a matter of opinion) won't help you unless you WIN ALL THE FREAKING GAMES.  And your pastel orange yahoos didn't do it.  Oops.  Neither did Nebraska or Oklahoma (who lost to an UNRANKED OSU team...so much for strength of schedule!) or Oregon...well, you get the picture.  
Your opinion of the Big East is noted and ignored as clueless.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#31]
The only good thing to EVER come out of Tennessee is I-65 South. Hell, the only reason storms move from the Gulf Coast northward in the south is because UT and everthing associated with it suck tons of Rosie O'Donnell sized ass. Here's hopin' the CANES (as much as it pains me to say that) beat the ever-lovin' nine hells outta Fat Phil and his gang of mono-chromosomed anal friction induced colon warts from KnoxHell.

Rocky-Top, Oh can't you see,
your Unforked Family tree?
Screw You, Rocky Top,
GO TO HELL TENNESSEE!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rocky-Top, Oh can't you see,
your Unforked Family tree?
Screw You, Rocky Top,
GO TO HELL TENNESSEE!
View Quote

PitViper -

You have issues.

But you bust a pretty good rhyme.

Ever considered a career as a gang-bang rapper?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top