User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2001 3:41:02 PM EDT
http://[url]http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=95001535[/url]
[b]You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
A federal agency takes aim at BB guns.[/b]

Friday, November 30, 2001 12:01 a.m.

"You'll shoot your eye out!"

As anyone who has ever watched "A Christmas Story" knows, that's the rebuke little Ralphie Parker meets at every turn when he asks for what every red-blooded American boy wants under his Christmas tree: a genuine Red Ryder Carbine Action Two-Hundred Shot Lightning Loader Range Model Air Rifle. Even the department-store Santa tells him that.

In the movie, of course, Ralphie eventually gets his gun. But in real life stories don't always have such happy endings. Especially if the Grinches at the Consumer Product Safety Commission have their way.
View Quote

Read the rest at:
http://[url]http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=95001535[/url]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Why Dubya keeps these clintonista on, I'll never know.  This one pooped out this turd on her last day.  Eight years wasn't enough time to make this decision.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why Dubya keeps these clintonista on, I'll never know.  This one pooped out this turd on her last day.  Eight years wasn't enough time to make this decision.  Sheesh.
View Quote

1) Because he's a liberal puke [puke] almost identical to them.  

2) I have a good place to stick the bb-guns when / if there is a recall.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how the guy who admitted shooting himself in the finger feels about his being from the shallow end of the gene poll? Phucking Morons....[:E]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1) Because he's a liberal puke [puke] almost identical to them.
View Quote

Careful, honesty about the RNC and their intentions is not too appreciated around here. Try and balance it out with a towel**** or sand****** comment or two here and there. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
New Jersey already has 'em beat !

In the PRNJ, BB guns are considered firearms.

You need a FID card to purchase a BB or Pellet Rifle and a Pistol Purchase Permit (issued by your local police dept.) for each BB or Pellet Pistol that you desire to purchase!

ALL rules that apply to "regular" firearms also apply to air guns.

There is ONE loophole:  Drive to Pennsylvania and visit Dunkelbergers to make your purchases!
(you can then legally transport them back to the PRNJ and possess 'em.

Whew!  What's the next thing to get banned --- Red Wagons or Sleds??
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The "person" that started the pursuit of Daisy left like right after the investigation concluded, so it couldnt be stopped.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Well since Imbro ain't here yet, and since we are the same person...

In light of the fact that the 9-11 planes we overtaken by boxcutters, we must consider the threat of BB guns and other "air powered" firearms in this truer context.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats bull. Lock the door. let the passsengers carry what the rest of society carries. The fearful can ride the Greyhound where everybody carries whatever they want.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well since Imbro ain't here yet, and since we are the same person...
View Quote

They advised me not to post to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
ErikM,

Spot on.

(And here I thought it was just me!)

Why people keep thinking these guys are their friends, even in the face of substantial evidence to the contrary, is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh Sh*t, I just bought my eight year old son a Daisy Red Rider BB gun for Christmas, along with 6000 bbs. Does that need registered as an arsenal????.

My wife said the same thing, he has got to watch A Christmas Story again, he will shoot his eye out. Funny he has hunted with a 410, shot a 22 rifle and handgun and is a hell of a shot with my 54 cal BP muzzle loader, yet has never managed to be unsafe.

What next, spit wad shooters?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top