Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2001 1:52:48 PM EDT
Anyone see it? If so what did you think?

I liked it was good even though the VN scenes were poorly done.

I particulary enjoyed the phy-ops Robert Redfords character employed against his coworkers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed it a lot.  Well done, I thought.  Liked the ending.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Even with Red-liberals like Redford and Pitt in it??
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
G. Stoner,
I understand about Bobby Redfern but didn't believe B. Pitt fit that profile.
He was nailed outside this derelict sound studio puffing a cigarette down to the filter.  Even that small thing separates him from the liberals I'm familiar with.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He was nailed outside this derelict sound studio puffing a cigarette down to the filter.  Even that small thing separates him from the liberals I'm familiar with.
View Quote

Huh? I would say smoking, and other recreational drug use, is more a liberal past time than conservative past time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 The fact that he uses an Enfield sniper rifle is interesting, but not wrong as some have suggested.  .
View Quote

That was one of my complaints with the film. Another was the entire Marine unit decked out in Tiger Stripe BDU's.

PS..
Why cant movie "snipers" have a plain jane mil-dot reticle instead of some sci-fi fantasy crap?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
G. Stoner,
I understand about Bobby Redfern but didn't believe B. Pitt fit that profile.
View Quote

Someone once posted on this site that a reporter asked him a political/social question and he responded "What the hell are you asking me for? I'm an actor."

Doesn't sound particularly liberal, perhaps apathetic...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw Spy Game over the weekend.

Okay, so an Enfield rifle...Heck I couldn't tell because I could not understand why any sniper would set up on an uncovered hill about 150 yds from the target. And at 150 yards, why would he need a spotter?

I think the spotter said some crap about it being 200 or 500 yds. But a helicopter spotted them on a hill and the helicopter was blocking the shot so it was very close?

No escape route for the sniper and spotter?

Carlos is spinning in his grave!

My .02 cents.

Other than that, the plot was cool.

I tend to not car about politics when it comes to movies and TV, unless it's a fundraiser for anti-gun.

Oh BTW, I'm a pro-gun, pro-choice, Liberal Republican.......

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Thumbs down.  I hadda see it because a certain person I know well is infatuated with Arm Pitt.  I mean BRAD Pitt.  So off the Spy Game.  Silly flashback method of presenting the plot, action scenes were OK but not exceptional.  They could have at least put in a hotter chick than that female lead, she was nuthin' special.  I mean if you are going to have an unbelievable movie, put an unbelievable chick in it!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#10]
i thought it was an ok movie, but too much over usage of the spinning camera trick that is becoming to popular these days. it took away from the conversation on the rooftop.

not worth $7 bucks to see. i enjoyed "The One" more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top