Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#1]
From the movie scarface....

"Say hello to my little friend!!!"

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Any one found any anti sites with a link to this topic yet?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
HE THAT HATH NO SWORD,LET HIM SELL HIS GARMENT AND BUY ONE... JESUS CHRIST LUKE 22:36  

Second Ammendment...
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

I am a firm believer in the saying that he who dies with the most toys wins.

Assault weapons........      "Those things are only used for killing people"
- Yes, and occasionally that might become necessary. If a criminal tried to hurt me or my family, it gives me an advantage. Much better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

This is my rifle.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend.
It is my life.
I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless.
Without my rifle, I am useless.
I must fire my rifle true.
I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is
trying to kill me.
I must shoot him before he shoots me.
I will.
Before God I swear this creed.
My rifle and myself are defenders of my country.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviours of my life.
So be it .. . until there is no enemy...but peace.
Amen.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
realist- here's the full version....

"My Rifle"

The creed of a United States Marine, by Major General W.H. Rupertus, USMC

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know it's the hits that count. WE WILL HIT...

My Rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strengths, it's parts, it's accessories, it's sights, and it's barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

SO BE IT, UNTIL VICTORY IS AMERICA'S AND THERE IS NO ENEMY, BUT PEACE!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The definition of gun control is using both hands.

Stryker
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got a mirror set up for you guys to access . . . see my other thread "Logon to see my Message Of The Day".  I'll probably have somne interesting stories to tell tomorrow evening . . .
You guys/gals are great!  Thanks for all the work . . . thanks for the email, David.  I'll put them to good use

Ballsy
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
News Reporter:     "Officer, what did you feel after you sniped the terrorist"?

Swat Sniper:     "RECOIL"

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys, check this out:  " The United States can't be fixed on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans."  -Bill Clinton
   "The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts.  Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." -Abraham Lincoln

"The day we lose the second amendment is the day the second revolution begins."

"This little son of a b**ch will take your head off at a thousand yards." -Tom Berrenger from Sniper while holding a .308 round.

"Ban guns, what's next knives, pipe, vehicles, rat poison, pillows, rope, household cleaning products, plastic grocery bags, lighter fluid, chainsaws, machetes, drills, the list goes on and on."

"Fight organized crime, abolish the IRS."

"If guns kill people then maybe they should be banned; man, I'm scared now, I'm gettin' the hell outta my room, there's a case full of those murderous bastards."

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Death_By_AR15

Thanks !    I didnt realize there was a long version ... I've got it copied..  :)

[IMG]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/emoticons/091.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
A couple more..

"There are no 'dangerous weapons,' only 'dangerous men.' "  Robert Anton Heinlein (in the person of Lazarus Long) - Methuselah's Children.

"You cannot enslave a free man.  The worst you can do is kill him."  Robert Anton Heinlein, "The Invaders"

"My knife and my gun are only tools - I am the weapon."  Unknown.

FFZ

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
>The best quote I ever heard was a Navy Seal >talking about the HK MP5.  He said "people say >the 9mm round is not very big or affective, but >after I put 2 rounds in your heart and one in >your head you wont know the difference" It >makes allot of sense.

He was talking about the pistol that is their backup.  Personally, if someone burst in the door, I would double tap them in the center of mass with my .45, then shoot for the eyes (I was taught "cross the cross" then "dot the eyes" if they didn't go down after the first double tap)  If I'm wearing body armor, and so are they, then I'll be sore but alive from the two 9mm rounds, since all he'll have had a chance to do is pop me in the chest.  As for him, the two rounds to the chest may not penetrate, but the .45 rounds will at least crack the sternum and ribs in that area and certainly knock the wind outta him, and the two rounds through the goggles will go though and blow the brains out.  At this point his buddies will probably open up until they kill me, but it would cost them their point man.  

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for SEALs, they do things that I could never do, but, as my dad (frm. Airborne Ranger from way back) has pointed out to me, some of their tactics are flawed.  He told me if he did some of the stuff they train their guys to do, he wouldn't have survived Korea or Vietnam.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Bumper sticker on the back of my truck:

"I AM the gun lobby."

Another of my favorites:

"God made men. Sam Colt made them equal"

And another:

"A man with a gun is a citizen.  A man without a gun is a subject."

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
"[Firearms] are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independance...The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." GEORGE WASHINGTON

THOMAS JEFFERSON said in a letter to his nephew in 1792,
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character in the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

"to be disarmed is to be contemptable"  Machiavelli

"Arms like laws keep the invader and plunderer in awe and preserve order in the world as well as property."  Thomas Paine

"The most foolish mistake  we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms."  Adolf Hitler

[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#15]
btt
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Its in the constitution, you have the right to bear arms, and the right to arm bears, whatever the hell you wanna do.

the NRA says you have the right to have armor percing bullets if you a hunter. WHY? How many deer wear bullet proof vests?

both of these are from Robin Williams : Live at the Met. one of his older shows. during the 80's

Link Posted: 3/28/2001 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]
if the shit hit the fan and i needed food or anything i'll come knocking and you cant do squat
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#18]
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."              Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as they are injurious to others." -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia (1781-1785).
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." -George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426.
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson.
"(The Constitution preserves) the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." -James Madison.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.
"Arms in the hands of citizens (may) be used at individual discretion...in private self defense..." -John Adams, A defense of the Constitutions of the Government of the USA, 471 (1788).
"...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them." -Thomas Paine.
"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p322.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Outstanding thread! I've got a Word doc that I've been cutting and pasting quotes into and out of since I've been a member of the OG AR15.com board.

“. . . a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.”
--Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

“Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defence? Where is the difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defence be the *real* object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”
--Patrick Henry, speech of June 9,1788

“To Hell with the Constitution.”
-- Mike Roos, California Assemblyman, On the constitutionality of the Roberti-Roos assault weapons ban of 1989 (The fact that he wasn't dragged from the Assembly Hall into the street and hanged from the nearest lamppost confirms the wisdom of my decision to move from his state to Texas)

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
--Thomas Jefferson

"The truth is that any good modern rifle is good enough. The determining factor is the man behind the gun."
--Theodore Roosevelt, 1910 (gotta love TR, one of this nation's finest presidents)

"One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit constitutes firepower."
--General Merritt “Red Mike” Edson, USMC (Gen Edson commanded the Marine Raiders in WWII)

"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes, and the other is the Bill of Rights."
--Major General Smedley D. Butler, USMC (MGen Butler was awarded two Medals of Honor in his career, one of only two Marines to do that)

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here!"
--Captian John Parker, Lexington Militia, at Lexington Green, April 19, 1775 (Some folks forget that "The Shot Heard 'Round the World" was fired at Lexington Green, when the British came to confiscate the Colonial Militia's armory)

“Happiness is interlocking fields of fire.”
--Jarhead_22 (My meager contribution)

“The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the “high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power.”
--Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)

"The United States should get rid of its militias."
--Josef Stalin, 1933 (Stalin killed ~20,000,000 of his own citizens)

Sorry for running on and on, but I really dig this thread.

Semper Fi
Jarhead out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top