Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 7:41:22 PM EDT
http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/11/24/21859.html

This report is from Pravda, since American news won't report it until Tuesday.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]

[url]http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/11/24/21859.html[/url]

Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd take it with a grain of salt. They aren't exactly known for their accurate, reliable reporting, and this isn't the first time they've reported horrible American casualties.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Horseshit.  Pure, unadulterated horseshit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, [i][b]Pravda[/b][/i], which means 'truth' in Russian, never accurately reported the number of Soviet war dead from their incursion into Afghanistan!

Let's hope they're as messed up as usual!

Eric The(IThinkThePentagon WouldReportTheTruth,AndTheySayNone!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
... the Pravda article reads like poorly written fiction.  I sure hope it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
During Desert Storm there was extensive media coverage and I followed the news daily.  According to what was released during the war, only a few Americans were killed.  Later, when the truth came out the numbers ended up being many times more then that.  148 I believe.  

The Pentagon isn't telling us squat.  I prefer it that way for the safety of those Americans fighting.  BUT ... To deny the possibility that we effectively destroyed an enemy on their own land and in defensive positions, without any losses, because our government tells us so, is being more than a little narrow minded.

Without the news coverage, we can be told anything and we'd eat up that news.  If we like the news then it's "Were Number 1!!", if we don't like it, then it's "enemy propaganda".

I take it all with the proverbial "grain of salt".  I too hope it's crap news.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hell, [i][b]Pravda[/b][/i], which means 'truth' in Russian, never accurately reported the number of Soviet war dead from their incursion into Afghanistan!

Let's hope they're as messed up as usual!

Eric The(IThinkThePentagon WouldReportTheTruth,AndTheySayNone!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Thats because it was the Soviet Union then.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn’t Pravda run that crap about the US taking heavy casualties when we hit Kabul? Then the shit about one of our helos getting zapped. Then the shit about there being 40 American prisoners held by the taliban. Then we supposedly lost 20 some in an ambush. Now there’s thirty dead heading home. (Load ‘O Crap)
One would almost think they held ill will toward the US.  [shock]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
When I studied Russian language I learned that there are 2 newspapers. One is [b][i]Pravda[/i][/b] which means [b]truth[/b] and the other is [b][i]Yzvestya[/i][/b] which means [b]news[/b].
I learned a Russian saying:
There is no [b]Pravda[/b] in [b]Yzvestya[/b] and no [b]Yzvestya[/b] in [b]Pravda[/b]. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes...they`re quoting pakistani media wizards.......if it WERE true, that means we can kill a whole lot more of THEM!.....[soapbox]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Horseshit.  Pure, unadulterated horseshit.
View Quote

yes with flys and nats on it[:(]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay, most may not know this...

IF we lost any SF personnel, there would be a set of jump boots put out at the chapel at Bragg.  No boots so far, no SF KIA.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Pravda and the Russians are just pissed that after the major league ass kickin' they took over there, the U.S. MUST have SOME casualties.

Hey Igor......your army sucked then, and it sucks now. Take notes, THIS is how to kick Afghan ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top