Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The German rules about oil leaks are not based on vehicle saftey but asanine enviornmental laws.

View Quote

It may be partially envirnmental, imagine the nerve of those guys worried about keeping the groungwater clean.

It comes down to the fact they drive like their on a race track. If your gonna drive safely at 120 mph you need a road that doesn't have all types of goop on it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
O.K. Here is the deal.  I've been crucified by police who think that I'm operating this vehicle in an unsafe manner.  How about this: any cop who wants to apply can have the car for two days. Don't care where you go, how fast you drive, we'll document his/her exploits on the website.  We will see if you might get a speeding ticket. Indiana Troopers will get preference, in fact I'll go with you, just try not to speed.
I'm not joking, pending insurers approval
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
#1) I owned a detector for a while and it was useless. Damn thing was going off all the time. Anything would set it off.
View Quote

Nah they're not useless.  All of them will pick up miscellaneous signals.  You just gotta know how to read them.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
O.K. Here is the deal.  I've been crucified by police who think that I'm operating this vehicle in an unsafe manner.  How about this: any cop who wants to apply can have the car for two days. Don't care where you go, how fast you drive, we'll document his/her exploits on the website.  We will see if you might get a speeding ticket. Indiana Troopers will get preference, in fact I'll go with you, just try not to speed.
I'm not joking, pending insurers approval
View Quote

I will take you up on that offer!!! I can also arrange a couple of Troopers for you!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top