Arguing amongst ourselves is a waste of time. I beleive the following steps will preserve firearms ownership in this country.
1. Join the NRA! Encourage friends and family to join. Buy the first membership if necessary.
2. Buy guns! Buy new firearms to support American gun makers and keep them alive.
3. Encourage others, especially first time buyers to purchase firearms.
4. Shoot often, at least once a month, once a week if possible. This will support ammunition companies, ranges and retail gun shops.
5. Take others shooting, especially first timers and anti-gunners if posible.
6. Talk about shooting, hunting in public and with family and friends as much as possible. Show others that shooters, hunters are just ordinary people.
7. Vote! Get your family and friends to vote. Drive them to the poles if necessary.
8. Write letters, sent faxes, sent e-mail to politicians. Thank them when they do something good and tell the bad ones that you and your family will not support them.
9. Volunteer your time. Become a hunter saftey instructer, range officer, Boy Scout Rifle/ Shotgun merit badge counselor ect.
10. Don't talk about violence. IMHO. MIKE.