BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2001 12:49:04 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37955,00.html[/url]

Hopefully we're winning this battle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, did I get the warm and fuzzies reading that!

If one good thing has come out of this attack, it is the fact that people are realizing the government can't guarantee their safety. People are beginning to realize that it is up to each individual to provide their own final line of defense.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]Tom Diaz is a lying sack of shit![/b]

Tom Diaz of the Violence Policy
                Center tried to claim that Barrett Firearms had sold .50 caliber sniper rifles to Usama bin
                Laden. Not many in the media bought this, which was a good thing since it turned out
                that those rifles had actually been sold to the United States Government.
View Quote

If the democRats ever get control again, expect more anti-gun laws.  Look at Kalif, they get block voted in, and then state their anti-gun agenda
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is dreadful that 5,000 had to die in order for the people in USA to wake up to the BS put out by CPHV, HCI/Brady Bunch etc.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Center tried to claim that Barrett Firearms had sold .50 caliber sniper rifles to Usama bin
                Laden. Not many in the media bought this, which was a good thing since it turned out
View Quote

If the democRats ever get control again, expect more anti-gun laws.  Look at Kalif, they get block voted in, and then state their anti-gun agenda
View Quote

Chaingun is right, the Democrats passed a bill recently to license gun owners shows that gun control is super high on their agenda.  The state's finances are in disarray because of our electrical energy debacle caused by the legislature is not even a slight distraction.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen this for the last month or so.
Every time I go to the range I see a FNG there and try to show them the ropes.

It's nice to see them look at you as somebody that can help them,and a total nut due to all you know about guns

We are on our way back!
Thank you Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Chaingun is right, the Democrats passed a bill recently to license gun owners shows that gun control is super high on their agenda.  The state's finances are in disarray because of our electrical energy debacle caused by the legislature is not even a slight distraction.
View Quote

California is becoming increasingly isolated from the rest of the US.  Some of the laws they have passed recently are sure to run afoul of the Justice Department- as soon as they can get away from dealing with antrhax.

California is heading for a smack down in the courts rather similar to what the States of the Deep South got over segragation in the 1960's, it is so far out of step with the rest of the country.

Their popularity has been sinking as their has been a rather noticable LACK of enthusiasm for cooperating with the war effort in California amongst high profile persons living in the state (ie most of hollywood, and most UC students and professors).  The National Media do them a big favor by ignoring them most of the time.

So what happens in Californias Legislature for once does NOT have the implication of being a precursor for the rest of the nation. It does have the implication for giving us the court cases that would Hang the gun control movement for good.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
ArmdLbrl, for this very reason I'm moving out of California in the next few weeks.  I've been here over 3 years, but I just can't deal with the laws.

[moon]

-kill-9, probably Wyoming-bound
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#8]
In case anyone missed it while reading this thread . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Tom Diaz is a lying sack of shit!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top