Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Threaten a 10 million dollar lawsuit and start going to the media. Then take your kid out of public school.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Lawyer Up
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
contact local media  

Stir up shit
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
My kids' education includes firearm safety training and range trips.  Last night we learned how to use two hard drive magnets to remove a DVD case lock (library forgot to remove it).

Homeschooling FTW.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The VP was probably worried that the pen would Kaboom!

Imagine the horror of seeing that ink everywhere! Especially if it were red! OMG! Timmy's pen kaboomed and there's red ink all over the place! Oh the noes!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Spend the 3 days of suspension target shooting with your son.

A big FUCK  YOU to the school!!!

+1 target shooting or Disney World.

Make sure he knows that he did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
lawyer up and make them look stupid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Explain that we are a nation of laws.  Before conduct can violate a policy or law it has to violate the policy/law.  This isn't a police state where officials can make up crimes at their whim.  Furthermore, a policy/law has to put people on notice what behavior is forbidden and no rational person reading the policy would think the pen was banned.  

Finally, please send the pen to me for proper disposal.  My kids are homeschooled and I will ensure that they use the pen for homework until it either runs out of ink or explodes.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Did the school go on lockdown?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Spend the 3 days of suspension target shooting with your son.

A big FUCK  YOU to the school!!!

+1 target shooting or Disney World.

Make sure he knows that he did nothing wrong.

While we may not agree on everything those are some very imprtant words that we do.
Make sure he knows he dod nothign wrong and that the system is failing not him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 for attending the meeting in uniform.

This zero tolerance stuff is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I would be on the phone with my attorney and my son would never set foot in that school again as long as that V.P. and that policy where in place.

This makes me so sad to hear  about this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#14]
this is too much wtf for me to handle
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Shouldn't this be a FIREMISSION????  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
whats really scary is idiots like this are responsible for educating our children.

I have not been very impressed with many of the teachers I've met these days.

This is just stupid - go get 'em!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#17]
And you're not on the phone to an Attorney?

Sue the damn school!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know if anyone else mentioned but have you considered homeschooling?

We homeschool.  For school project, we do all kinds of gun stuff (shooting, reloading, historical reenacting, etc.)
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#20]
tag for updates.

this cannot be allowed to go unanswered.

if you are unable to go to the appointment in uniform, please go in a glock t shirt, or a hat or something related.

what idiocy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#21]
While I had the asshole VP on the phone, I would have told him he had ONE last chance to correct his error.  If he refused, I would have informed him the moment I hung up I was contacting my attorney and filing suit against HIM, personally, before the end of the day.

If the dumb sonofabitch refused to back down, I would have followed through and sued him.

Due to the IGNORANCE and shitheadedness displayed by a local principal, I had to threaten to sue her.  Just like this, I had their own rules on my side.  She called me back before I could find my attorneys number and explained how it was just a "misunderstanding" and backed the fuck down.

I pulled my son out of that shitty school the following week, anyway.  He is home schooled now.

My younger son (not YET home schooled) is due to go to that school year after next.  I don't know how we are going to handle that yet.

Of course, YMMV.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Loud (media) and expensive (for the school) legal action might set a good precedent here. The more I think about it, the more a lawyer & legal action sounds better (and not accepting a simple apology from the school). A non-LE parent would have a much harder time trying to fight this idiocy, you have an opportunity to set a standard that all can benefit from.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves as we speak.

No shit.

They would've had Kimber pens.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#24]
The best advice I've heard so far is to lawyer-up and contact the media. Any pictures of this deadly pen?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Go to your meeting tomorrow in uniform with your pistol and all your other gear.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#26]
You might want to call Neal Boortz, he will love this one!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The VP was probably worried that the pen would Kaboom!

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, just wow.

Bring a lawyer.  Counterattack.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

How would you deal with this situation?

Tell the idiot principal that this "suspension" is going to be a fun vacation, not a "punishment".
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Lemme guess...Fulton County? If so - move.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Go to war, if you can... get a private school.

Teach him that is what censorship is....

Then allow him to get a GLOCK of his OWN to compete with.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How would you deal with this situation?

Tell the idiot principal that this "suspension" is going to be a fun vacation, not a "punishment".

Take him shooting, and have him construct a presentation about it (or about the 2nd)
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I just can't believe we have lost so much of our RKBA that it has come to this.  No one's arguing that he should be allowed to carry a gun in the school, all he wants is a freakin' pen with a word on it.  50 or 60 years ago, you couldn't have explained to someone this situation.

Pathetic, just pathetic.  The more I think about this, the more I wonder what we as a country must have done wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Along with what everyone else has said, take your kid shooting during his "suspension".
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Make the case that they are discriminating against you and your son because of your beliefs and your way of life.

Accuse them of being bigots for said discrimination and chastise them for their intolerance, you are humiliated and disrespected.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#36]
That's seriously fucked-up (this has to be a new low in "zero tolerance" and politically correct" bull shit),.. the pen itself is more of a danger to anyone than the logo on it.

From the sound of your conversation, it sounds like the VP knew he was wrong, but  came up with a weak excuse because he's the kind of stubborn ass that will never admit that
they were wrong.

(I'm also surprised that the teacher recognized the logo).

I am not a lawyer, but I wonder if this case would be applicable to your situation?...

American Civil Liberties Union of Virginia, News Release
December 3, 2003

Appeals Court Rules that NRA T-Shirt is Entitled to Free Speech Protections in School

ACLU of Virginia filed brief in support of NRA and Student

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals today ruled that a National Rifle Association T-shirt worn by an Albemarle County student is entitled to the same First Amendment protections as other kinds of expression in school. The appellate court ruling reverses an earlier Charlottesville federal district court decision allowing the T-shirt to be banned from school.

The T-shirt in question features the National Rifle Association’s abbreviation, NRA, in large block letters that contain silhouetted human figures holding firearms. The student, Alan Newsome, had attended a shooting sports safety class where he obtained the T-shirt. He had been allowed to wear other NRA shirts to school, but those did not depict firearms.

According to the district court, the school only banned the T-shirt because depictions of firearms appeared on it, not because of any message associated with the gun rights organization. Thus, according to the court, only the “form” of the NRA’s message was being banned, not the message itself, meaning that the First Amendment did not offer any protection.

The NRA, which represented Newsome, and the ACLU, which filed a friend of the court brief, asked the Fourth Circuit to rule that the district court erred in drawing a distinction between the depictions of firearms on the T-shirt and the NRA message, and pointed to a recent case involving the Sons of Confederate Veterans’ special license plates. In that case, the court ordered the Department of Motor Vehicles to restore the Confederate flag logo to the SCV license plate because it was an integral part of SCV’s message.

The Fourth Circuit agreed with the NRA and the ACLU’s analyses. The Charlottesville may now revisit the case and apply the legal standards for free expression in public schools. Under these standards, the school can only ban the T-shirt if it is vulgar or it substantially disrupts the educations process.

“Anyone who has ever seen an advertisement in a magazine can tell you that the pictures are often as important as the words, and that they can’t be separated from the words without changing the message,” said ACLU of Virginia executive director Kent Willis.

“This is an important First Amendment case,” added Willis. “If the appellate court had allowed the school to draw a distinction between the form of the message and the message itself, school officials would have the power to ban almost of any kind of image on school grounds.”

www.acluva.org/newsreleases2003/Dec3.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Pretty deadly.

Get a lawyer.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'd discuss it with the local media

+1

This should make the news. And hit Drudge.
Totally ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Do not leave that Superintendent's office without a large piece of that guys ass.  This is complete bullshit which should not stand.

edited for everything
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#40]
My daughter was warned in the sixth grade for using my umbrella, which has an Armalite logo.

The strange thing is, how in the fuck do they know what that even was?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Could probably make a pretty big stink with the local papers and whatnot  Most folks hate hearing about bullshit like this
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Lawyer, now...

Then, home school your kid like I do.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Hell I was suspended for three days for drawing an AR while kids walk around with shirts covered in pot leafs, guns, obscenity, and black/ brown supremacist propaganda without the faculty looking twice. Its a sick world stock up on ammo its penicillin for ass holes. Sorry about your sun
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#44]
What if your Last name is " Glock "
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Pretty deadly.

Get a lawyer.

i183.photobucket.com/albums/x268/my_aim/newer_style_glock_pen.jpg

Please put a "graphic content" warning on the thread title.

I'm scared.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Now you now what Christian parents go through with their children wearing religious t-shirts, carry bibles or wear crosses..welcome to our new society.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Unbelievable.  We're doomed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Ask the VP if this image is in the History textbook:

And if it is, ask him if it's a violation of school policy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#50]
In the sixth grade I was allowed to store my shotgun in the principals office, so I would not have to walk so far to hunt after school.

The cops would wave to me as they drove by, and once I was given a ride home because the bag of rabbits I had was so heavy.

I still remember Chief McGowan congratulating me on a fine day of hunting, he was a nice man.(1974)
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top