Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2001 4:43:21 PM EDT
I have a Colt AR-15 here, and need info on it. My fiance got it from his Dad who is in the movie industry, and it had been used in some movie, and now I want to get rid of it. My fiance says it is a Colt AR-15 Sporter, Pre-ban model. I just wanted to see if one of you nice gun experts could give me enough info on it so I could post it on one of these websites? The only info it can see on it is that it says Colt Spoter target model cal. 223, then SER.ST and some numbers, that he says not to post in case it is the serial number. He has a whole bunch of extras for it, and has some 30-round mag's for it, and some extra special grips, I just don't know enough on the specifics to sell it. Like one guy wanted to buy it, but then said it wasn't a pre-ban. I dunno. Any help would be greatly appreciated tho.
Thanks !
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Janelle if you can try and post some pics of the lover reciver up close along with full pics of it.  I'll take it off your hands real cheap!!!  You shouldn't own such an evil rifle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Janelle, here is a link to a list of serial numbers that may help you determine if your AR is pre or post ban. I also e-mailed you some additional info that you may find helpful. You picked a great place to come for info on AR15's.

Mike

[url]http://old.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
janelle,

Beware:  jadams951 is an Law Enforcement Officer

He just's want to confiscate it. Now I am willing to REALLY take it off your hands.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
hi groo and everyone else. i appreciate your help! that old site i believe has told me that it is a preban. that is exciting, because now it is worth money, i never said anything about cheap. dont get me wrong, we just got engaged and we want to get extra money so we can have a really kick butt honeymoon.
i think i actually may have a buyer, and another guy i know has told me how to do everything the LEGAL way (so there jadams951).
and out of curiosity, why would you say it is evil? i think its pretty cool.
anyhow, i think it is great that in a matter of about 30 minutes, my questions have been answered.
thanks guys :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that we all need to see a photo of Janelle before she takes off on the Honeymoon!!!

Railgun....[rail]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top