Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2001 8:03:32 PM EDT
...or is my Bushmaster 20" HBAR rifle heavier than the M16A2 that I carried as a grunt?  It feels a little heavier in the nose.  (I do have a Y-comp muzzle brake on it.)  I could be wrong, it's been almost 10 years.

Don't make me have to dig in my attic for my "Guidebook for Marines" to get the M16 Weight.
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
...or is my Bushmaster 20" HBAR rifle heavier than the M16A2 that I carried as a grunt?  It feels a little heavier in the nose.

Yes it is heavier. The 16 you carried's barrel was skinnier under the handguard so as to be able to mount M203. Your H-Bar is like my Colt, full heavy profile. Take off your handguards and you'll see what I mean!
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Had the A2 out of the arms room for cleaning the other week, and I think even my 14.5" HBAR has a heavier front end.  Will have my personal owned weapons here in country and in the arms room by the middle of next month so I'll be able to compare.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Any reason for the heavy profile?  I don't mind the extra weight, because I'm not humping it, just curious.

In all other respects it has the same feel and quality, and it is just as accurate.
Link Posted: 1/22/2001 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
For some reason the manufacturers like to install heavy barrels of their weapons. I prefer a lighter rifle, and made my own version of The Ideal Rifle. It started as a Colt 6500, I exchanged the 20" barrel for a 16" lightweight, and installed a colapseable stock. Real nice and compact, weighs about 5.5 lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top