BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2001 5:39:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Please accept our sincerest condolences on your Dad's struggle. These things are incredibly stressful on all involved, and don't always have happy endings. But he is a survivor, and we all wish him the best of luck to continue to be one. It is pure hell on the family, not to mention the poor soul that gets this news.
As far as your Arsch, slightly less sympathy there, but we hope that it is just stress, or something you ate.
Now, doesn't that put the parking and copies thing in perspective, after all this?
Sorry you had such a Day From Hell, Bro.
May tomorrow be better.
With Kind Regards,
Hannah
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
$500. fine?  That's evil.

Sounds like a pretty bad day.  Just when you think it can't get worse.......

Best of luck with the respective health problems.

Hannah, Don't remember seeing you post before.

Nice name, it's what we just named our daughter.

Spelled the same frontward and backward, so it's gotta be good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I think is still own UMR money for a parking ticket they gave me when I was interviewing  students.  Guess I can't come back to MO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a bad day, but I've had worse.  

I performed CPR on my father the day he died.  It was two days after my 14th birthday, and he had been agitated and got in an argument with my mom after my birthday dinner.  He left and I saw him two days later when he died.  It was president's day 1990 and HISD had the day off as a teacher work day.  At least I got to tell him that I loved him before he passed away, as I was talking with him about 3 minutes before he had the heart attack.  I ran back out to his shop where he had collapsed with my three year old baby brother in my arms and handed him to my dad's secretary.  I then performed CPR until the paramedics and life flight landed.  But I knew he was dead, and I will never forget looking into his eyes when the paramedics pulled me off of him.  That's how I knew.

For all intents and purposes, I became a man that day.  And only until recently I had been angry with both God and my father about it.  The part that gets me is my little brother, whom my father actually took the time to be a parent for, doesn't remember him.  I digress.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear of your woes. Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there Dog. Stress can cause that kind of bleeding. Had it when first wife was cheating.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Life IS a pain in the ass sometimes.

[url]www.fascrs.org/brochures/anal-fissure.html[/url]

Hopefully it is this,......other diagnoses are more problematic.

As old Dicky Marcinko would say...."Hello Mr. Murphy"
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Nightstalker, I found your link to be deeply disturbing and offensive.  I do not expect to see drawings of other peoples' carved-up assholes when I open up a website link.  Clearly you should be banned-for-life from this site. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear about your problems, your right that was a bad day.  Yeah there is always one, guess I'm it today.   At least your not under 100 tons of rubble at ground zero.  Hope your Dad gets better soon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#13]
No, I don't think i've ever had a single day that bad. I had a pretty bad 3 months once when I was 12 years old. I've had a pretty shit life.

Here's an outline of the afforementioned 3 months that formed every bit of who I am today.

My drug addict father went otally off the deep end (An event I still can't talk about)-
Parents got divorced-
Moved into a total fucking ghetto-[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/afro.gif[/img]
Mom Got diagnosed with Breast Cancer-
Then she got hit by a car when she was riding her bike-
My dog died-
My favorite teacher, Mrs. Woodruff, died over christmas break.
3 kids from my school who lived in our housing complex died in a huge building fire 3 buildings away from mine (I really didn't know them too well other than seeing them at the bus stop- but it still freaked me)-

In the following year, I got kicked out of 4 schools, sent to St. Mary's Home For Boys, saw a friend get shot, had another friend who was older than I was OD on a batch of bunk coke-

Really, things like sickness are the only things that I appreciate as being truly worth worrying about. All the other shit just doesn't strike me as all too important. I guess the magnitude of certian things is dependant on the life you've lived, and what you've had to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I feel a [b]whole[/b] lot better about
yesterday.  I got home yesterday and all three
of our vehicles were down.  My POS Bronco that
I just replaced a motor in has some kind of
electrical problem where it indiscriminately
chooses whether the turn signals, HVAC fan,
instrument cluster or ignition system (plugs,
not starter) works.  The wife's mini-van (careful - she's no "soccer mom") was real low
on coolant 2 days ago - filled it up Thursday &
came home to find it empty again with [b]NO[/b]
exterior leaks - read major engine work.  My
daughter's car lost a throttle position sensor
a while ago - she doesn't remember exactly when.
"But when you start it it goes up to 4 on the
dial thingy (tachometer) and won't come down."
She drove it like that until the front brakes
were completely shot - metal on metal - before
she told me.  Thank God she didn't smoke the
transmission.

At least we've all still got our health and
each other.

[i]Although the thought of piling them all
together and having a mini Knob Creek shoot is
somewhat appealing right now.[/i]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
DK-Prof I feel for you bud, that wuzzzzzz a bad day. I hope your dads health issues are resolved and he is blessed with a speedy recovery. Good luck to the both of you.

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
DK, make sure you goto the doctor. Anal bleeding can be a sign of very bad things.  It could just be an anal fissure from a large turd or a large....  Ok, I'll stay away from that! its probably nothing but you need to check into it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad died about 4 years back.  I am also still mad as hell.  I am just starting to get over it.  He was only 54 and had an abdominal sarcoma.  He also had some anal bleeding and that was one of the first signs.  The worst part is that we were never rich and now that I finally have a great job and I can never give him the things that he never had.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I had my bad days.....And the only good thing about it is that we still be able to get up to enjoy the next day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I had to go to Bridgeport CT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top