Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 12:30:47 PM EDT
RANT ON - Life's little annoyances

The ONE day I'm not home, UPS tries to deliver my new scope from SWFA.  Usually the driver won't leave things, but today he signs and leaves it "on the porch".  That was at 1:47pm.  I get home at 2:30pm, nothing there.

Weird thing is that there are 2 Fed-X's and 4 UPS packages sitting on porches around the neighborhood, and only mine gets lifted?

Then, I've got RIFLESHOOTER magazine trying to take me to a collection agency because they think I didn't pay them, when my check has been cashed.  Of course the check wasn't endorsed when it was cashed, so that's another PIA to sort out.

Medical insurance & the doctors keeps F'ing us on every single claim.  Takes hours every week to straighten things out.  Real fun doing their jobs for them.

Lastly, my stupid Becker is on backorder with Lightfighter for weeks now.

SO, NO TOYS FOR FIGHT4YOURRIGHTS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't it UPS responsibility if they just leave the package. I would call and demand that they pay for a new scope.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Called UPS, they said call SWFA.

SWFA calls in a Trace.

UPS has 10 days to trace.  At some point I'll sign a form swearing I didn't get the package.

After that, SWFA will reship and file a claim for reimbursement with UPS.

PIA, but at least I'm covered.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a buttpack on backorder with Lightfighter too...

Not sure what to carry my butt with till then...

Shawn
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey fight4yourrights, I feel your pain. Sometimes it feels like you are being tested or something. IMHO, that's life!

BTW, My mag pouches or on backorder at Lightfighter too. Sucks. (not Lightfighter's fault though!)
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Me and my UPS driver talk guns. He has delivered everything from scopes from SWFA to Barrels to ammo. He is a shooter as well. Life in Indiana has its upsides.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate to think it, but I really wonder if the UPS guy took it.

Reasons:

1.  my regular guy doesn't leave things unless I have a car in the drive to stick it under

2.  we have 75 townhouses on our street and 56 on the adjacent street.  walking around, I counted 3 Fed-X and 4 UPS packages sitting on porches.  Why was mine taken?

3.  I arrived home only 45 minutes after it was dropped off.  Granted, the school bus had dropped kids, but that is a fairly short time window.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The non-endorsed check is not a problem. The account number of the magazine is printed on the back of your cancelled check. It shows what accounts the check has went thru. Just send a photocopy of it to the magazine and it should shut them up. If not try to get your bank involved and if that does not work get a lawyer. Needless to say I have done this before.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a Fobus holster swiped out of the mailbox about a year and a half back. Had to sign an affidavit  and spend an hour or so on the phone w/Cheaper Than Dirt and the PO to get it straightened out.

Not alot of money, but it's the point of the matter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#11]

SWFA calls in a Trace.

UPS has 10 days to trace. At some point I'll sign a form swearing I didn't get the package.

View Quote

This has happened to me once with UPS.  They probably delivered to the wrong address.  Eric the Ammoman shipped a package to me and I never received it.  We talked on the phone and Eric asked UPS to put in a trace.  Found out that my package was delivered to the wrong address in the neighborhood.  Anyway, it took 3 weeks before I got my package which have been completely open up. I counted the ammo boxes and they are all there. Eric did put up a strong complaint to UPS, he threatened them that he will go the authority to report missing/stolen ammunition.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#12]
MAN!!!  I know how you feel.  I was supposted to get a check in the mail last week.  It was sent from a city about 400 miles from me and was sent out 10-12-01.  As of 10-22-01 is wasn't here!!  When I finally called the company to stop payment and re-issue another one, the damn check showed up the next day!!  A total of 11 days to cover 400 miles...WTF??

So I call the post office to complain sionce this has happened 5 times this year, they "will look into it and get back to me"......yea....right!!!

[:(!][:(!]Morons[:(!][:(!]

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/smily/poof.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
In this neck of the woods UPS=Good and Fed Ex Ground=Bad.
Twice I have had to call Fed Ex to find packages that were left on porch and then later have them show up by US Postal Service.
I live out in the sticks and plus the fact I have a cute little Rotty which means noboby takes things from my porch.She says you can leave stuff but can't take anything, now how does a dog know that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had troubles with both Fed-X and UPS.  

Deliveries to the wrong address, lost stuff.

My worst was when I tried to send a $13,000 boat payoff check about 60 miles away to Virginia.  Sent it UPS overnight.  They could track it to Dulles airport and that was the last of it.  Took more than a week to go 60 miles!   I should have just driven the check down myself.  Meanwhile, every day was costing me $$ in interest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I am sorry that my backorders from Eagle are contributing to your bad run of things (the rest of you guys too). I wish there was some way I could get your Becker faster; just to help if it could.

As far as your scope; call SWFA and ask them to execute a trace. After a couple of days, an employee of UPS will come out and ask you to sign something that states that you did not receive your package -- then a check will go to the shipped (SWFA in this case). When they get that, they should be able to get a new scope from them.

It happens with UPS sometimes and it is not really a problem if you just get them to start the trace. Sometimes I have them say they delivered things that I never got and this is how you fixi it. Let me know if you need any help.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Brad.  I don't have a [i]problem[/i], waiting for my Becker, since I don't [i]need[/i] it right now.  I guess it's like a kid a christmas, just sucks having to wait!  [:D]

Yep, SWFA is running a trace.  Time to sit & spin.

I'm actually thankful these problems are so minor, life could be a lot tougher.  Now my wife's health problems, that's a whole other topic.........
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Just lucky, I guess, but haven't had many problrms with the shippers that weren't solved promptly.

Have yet to have any goodies stolen from where driver stashes them.  Seriously doubt any locals would do so anyway, after seeing/hearing me empty a few mags FA in the back yard!

When faced with such delays and the frustration of no boxes to open, order something else!!  An order a day keeps the boxes coming!!!!LOL
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SWFA calls in a Trace.

UPS has 10 days to trace. At some point I'll sign a form swearing I didn't get the package.

View Quote

This has happened to me once with UPS.  They probably delivered to the wrong address.  Eric the Ammoman shipped a package to me and I never received it.  We talked on the phone and Eric asked UPS to put in a trace.  Found out that my package was delivered to the wrong address in the neighborhood.  Anyway, it took 3 weeks before I got my package which have been completely open up. I counted the ammo boxes and they are all there. Eric did put up a strong complaint to UPS, he threatened them that he will go the authority to report missing/stolen ammunition.
View Quote

I once had ammo incorrectly delivered to the rabid anti-gun old lady two doors down. She called the police (so she claimed) and left a nasty note on my door "inviting" me to come and retrive it. I did, no further issue. I wonder what the cop on the other end of the line said to her; "Oh really, UPS left a heavy box marked {Cartridges, small arms} at your door and you don't want it? I'M GLAD YOU CALLED ME, I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!"
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#19]
[size=6]VICTORY![/size=6]

Guess what showed up today?

Yep, my SWFA package.

The drivers said he had already entered the DRIVERS RELEASE into the clipboard system, then decided it wasn't safe to leave it and couldn't edit the system.

SWFA said he could edit the system.

I don't know, he seems like a really good guy.

Regardless, I'VE GOT SCOPE!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Fightforyourrights

I am also settleing a claim with ups on a package I sent to a friend signature required/insured. They dropped it on the porch and someone walked away with 2k worth of climbing gear. It only took a call to get the trace going - 30 days later I get to send in my list of stuff that was lost. I will have a check in a few weeks they say. They were pretty decnet about it and I delt with the same lady the whole time. Just file a claim and it should work out.

Ropes
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#21]
My Leupold Mark IV 30mm rings DON'T fit on my Bushmaster flattop.  P/N 52083.  They bottom out and are still loose on the rail.

I've heard that the Picitinny spec was changed, and that appears to be true.

Called Leupold and they are sending out new keepers for the rings.  The rings are fixed/machined on one side, and have the keeper on the other side that clamps the rails.

Fun, fun, fun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh, forgot the electric company.

I get a notice last month that they couldn't read my meter since May, and were going to shut off my juice.

Call'em up and find out that the meter is broken.  I asked, "well, why is that my problem?  Come out and replace it".

They did.  $680 electric bill arrived today.

Fun, fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top