Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2001 8:42:01 AM EDT
Ok, I sent an email to customerservice@walther-usa.com asking for nearby Walther dealers so I could go look at and/or purchase a P99. The reply I got is this: "Please go to our web site at www.smith-wesson.com and click onto information and then onto locate a dealer." From this person: TKuschka@smith-wesson.com Does anyone know what the relationship between Smith and Wesson and Walther is? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:47:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:53:48 AM EDT
Interarms used to distribute Walther in the US. Since 1999 S&W has taken this task over. They also make all Walthers sold in the US.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:28:48 AM EDT
Sorry, but S&W does NOT make the Walther pistols that are sold in the US. S&W does make a clone of the Walther P99.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:39:31 AM EDT
I called Walther up on their 800 number, and the man on the other side said they are renting office space from them, and that is the extent of the relationship 2 years ago, he said that they are a seperate and independent company, I don't know if it has change in the interim. In the S&W brochure, the SW99's frame is manufactured by Walther, and the slide & barrel is by S&W.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:52:43 AM EDT
Well, if that is their stance so be it. It is a fact that the "Made In USA" stamped Walthers are manufactured in S&W plants. Whether they are made by "S&W employees" or "Walther US employees" is purely a matter of semantics.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:52:48 AM EDT
They are still seperate companies. Walther still manufactures the pistols that are sold here in the US. [img]http://www.ereliant.net/~jshaw/pics/guns/sw99-1.jpg[/img] That's the SW99. The slide and everything above the frame is manufactured by S&W. The frame is made in Europe by Walther and imported over. On the other side of the gun, at the top of the frame by the takedown latch is a "Made by Walther" logo. Here's the Walther P99: [img]www.walther-usa.com/images/p99.jpg[/img] God Bless Texas
Top Top