Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 7:01:27 AM EDT
OK this might seem a assinine, toally obvious deal to some but I need some help on this and really think AR15.com is my best source for instruction so here goes:

I used the LTC Santose's Improved Battlesight Zero at 50 yards.  This is using the small aperture/8/3-2 as describe by him when using this method.  Everything is great in this configuration, nice group centered on target.  He then goes to say that using the large aperture with dial @ 8/3 is a good "field" back-up to a Aimpoint Comp (my set-up).  The problem is that my groups, when using this configuration at the same 50 yard distance, are not even close to center and the group is very spread out.  Is there something wrong here?  Should I adjust windage/elevation in this large aperture/8/3 configuration until it is "right"?  I was under the impression that when you zeroed with the small aperture-8/3-2 at 50 you were good to go with the large aperture setting.  Maybe it's just me or something.  Thanks in advance for any help given. [>:/]  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The manufacturing tolerances of the sights will give you some variation between the two apetures.  The amount would probably vary from sight to sight.  With the bigger apeture there is also not as fine a sight picture which may also contribute to a larger grouping.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I now understand better.  I see the reason why the small aperture should be the zeroed one of the two.  I did have the dial at 8/3 with the large aperture BTW.  Any other help is still appreciated.  I hope I don't come off like too much of a nerd on this.  lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top