Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 8:40:55 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any importer or supplier of the Makarov pistol that is legal in the state of California??  Any info or suugestions on where/how to find out would be appreciated, I already have the DOJ web site but don't what to look under.

Thanks in advance...I really would like to have one of these awsom pocket pistols[pistol].

sgtar15[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/water/frog2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
get a curio and relic makarov there exempt from the drop test

good luck finding one thu
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Most shops will carry them. I regret buying mine. It was either ejecting hot shells right into my face (after 3 times of people working on it). Maybe I should have played around with it more but I couldn't stand the style of the grip on them or their recoil. Sold it a few weeks later and got my self a Glock 17. *Best* hand gun I have ever used flat out. If money is a issue go with the makarov but if you do have cash to spend go for a Glock it will never fail you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
One other note is that getting ammo for it was a pain since it didn't take the standard 9mm which caused about an hour drive back to the shop just to buy it and most of the time they wouldnt have it in stock =(. More of an isolated problem but I cant preach "Go with Glock" enough
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
ammo is alot easer to get now that wolf is importing it granted it is WOLF ammo but in my expernice former Com block ammo works great in former Com block guns  

also Corbon Makes a hollowpoint load in 9x18 makarov
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I would love to get something like a Glock or another Sig, but come on!!  A Makarov cost under a $100 wholesale compared to Glocks/Sigs/etc going for about $450 and up.

Yes I can see that ammo being a issue as hard to find locally and all, but there are many suppliers via the internet selling it for $90/1000rnds!!  That's an excellent deal for what many call: "The AK of pistols!"

Just my .02 cents

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/water/frog2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Heh the price has come down since I bought/sold mine I think I paid 240ish for mine been quite a while though. It was accurate. What really screwed up my aim was wondering if I would get hit with a shell or not. But if their down to only 99 bucks it couldnt hurt having it but if you want somthing for the long haul go glock :P
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Ack btw I am not completely sure but I think theres some laws aginst live ammo being sent Fed-EX/UPS which you might want to look into before buying stuff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ack btw I am not completely sure but I think theres some laws aginst live ammo being sent Fed-EX/UPS which you might want to look into before buying stuff.
View Quote

Trust me, live ammo is shipped UPS [b]all[/b] the time, some places might require overnight or a HAZMAT fee but I am pretty sure there aren't many (if any at all) laws against shipping live rounds.  After all, it gotta get to the stores somehow.

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/water/frog2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Definitely JG Sales. Here's an email I got from them the other day:

[i]It has been almost a year since these very popular pistols have been in stock! We have just received a shipment of very good condition Bulgarian Makarovs once again and they are moving fast, as low as $99.95! Check them out at http://www.jgsales.com/jgspecials.html

The Makarov has been one of the most popular military surplus pistols we have seen. Their smaller size, yet strong and reliable construction makes them desirable for many reasons. They are all blued steel, and hold 8 rounds of the powerful 9x18 caliber.

They are a collectible part of history, used throughout the cold war as a sidearm for several communist countries, including Bulgaria, Russia, and East Germany. The ones we have still have the original leather military holster included!

They are really fun for recreational shooting. They have a reputation for great accuracy and dependability, and the 9x18mm ammo is very affordable - only $52.50 for 500rds!

They are solid guns to choose for self defense or as a back-up gun, when the $500.00 plus price tag for a Glock or Colt is just too much.

All around, it is obvious why the Makarov has been one of our most popular handguns. Right now they are in stock and are only $99.95 each if you get two or more, one gun is $109.95

You can see pictures and place orders on our website:
http://www.jgsales.com/jgspecials.html or by calling us at 520-445-9650

Remember, we can ship ammo direct to you, but if you want to order a firearm we need to ship it to an FFL dealer near you![/i]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Troy!!!  I knew when I saw your name in the post that you would have the answer!  Don't suppost you have a phone # for that dealer?

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I got a Bulgie Mak, and I love the little sucker.  
There is some recoil, but not much.  They are very accurate, cause of the barrel being pinned onto the frame. Its not heavy, and like most commie guns, a great safety.  
Cheap, but not like a Raven or such.  
Out to 50 ft, and you will keep putting them in the chest.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks Troy!!!  I knew when I saw your name in the post that you would have the answer!  Don't suppost you have a phone # for that dealer?

sgtar15
View Quote

I'm also interested in an East German and now considering 2.

I'm also interested in the phone #

Maybe we can get a group discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top