Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 10:20:01 AM EDT
I'm sure all of you have seen US flags on darn near every car on the road, even in eastern MA there's a pretty high percentage of cars that have them. I've seen a couple of guy's on Harley's with large flags flying, that was pretty cool. But the one I saw that almost made me ram the scumbag was this pompous ass displaying a sizeable _UN_ flag in his rear window, with the icing on the cake being the 'Nader/LaDuke' sticker on the bumper...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:26:15 AM EDT
and hereby creating "road rage"
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:29:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2001 10:23:35 AM EDT by Royal_Lancer]
As I drove around Florida last week I was saddened to see many US flags laying in the roadway with cars driving over them. What is the rule, burn the flag if it touches the ground? I would think, if you want to display the flag do it in a secure way so it can't endup in the dirt. [:X*] [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:01:27 AM EDT
I haven't seen flags on the ground, seen a few of the cloth car flags with bad cases of wind whip.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:11:20 AM EDT
Cripes, it could have been my brother! I know he has the Nader sticker (he voted Nader in FL when he lived there, hehe) but I think he probably distrusts the UN. He's so left wing that some of his views are consistent with the right wing. Not enough of them though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:16:59 AM EDT
He doesn't drive a black VW does he? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:29:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Shazbat: He doesn't drive a black VW does he? [:D]
View Quote
Some kind of station wagon, I think.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:52:11 PM EDT
I have seen 2 so far being flown on the car's antenna UPSIDE-DOWN!!! Every time, I'm in a position where I can't follow them. Because if I was, I'd wait till they parked and cut it off in front of them!!!! I got the one haging on my antenna (half staff) laying in the road. I need to get another one though because it is starting to look too ragged. Its now half the size it was new... BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:40:20 PM EDT
Most dignitaries ride in limos with little flags on each side of the hood. The generals in WWII did too (in the movies, sniper bait in reality). I guess everyone wants to feel special and important, just like the elite. Or is it a case of "I AM MORE PATRIOTIC THAN YOU ARE!" ????
Top Top