Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2001 5:29:32 PM EDT
Well, got my first gun tonight-A ruger 77/22 w/ laminated stock.

When down to the gun store w/ my mom & uncle (mom had to buy it since i'm 15). Originally wanted the version with the plain walnut stock, which was ordered last week. Anyway, open the box, and it's the corny synthetic stocked version. (the distributor shipped the dealer the wrong gun). Felt totally let down for a minute while he checked the shipping label, etc until he points out that he has a laminated version on the wall w/ a cheap bushnell scope. ask to see it, expect the price to be about $500 at least, but it's only $395 (the gun alone costs more than that, not counting the scope). It was MINT condition with a good bore-but it had no manual/box. It was one hell of a good deal-I'll probably take it to the range next week. paid $400 total (it originally came to about 415 w. tax, but he said not to worry about it, probably because I paid w/ cash.)-I'm feeling pretty damn good.

I actually wanted the laminated stock to begin with, but I ordered the regular version because it was about $100 cheaper. That's some damn good luck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Congraduations, sounds like you did pretty good for your first buy. Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Be safe, and shoot straight.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Long Island, do you realize what an advantage you have with the quality 22 you bought? YOU can afford to practice, practice, practice. And you will get REEEEEEAL good. (if you aren't already)
You take it smooth and Welcome to you. Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You did good.  No matter what others tell you bushnell makes a good scope!!!!!
I use the rangemaster on my AR 3x9x40 with bullet drop compensator and double crosshairs.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job...see you out at Calverton![heavy]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good job...see you out at Calverton![heavy]
View Quote

You know it! I may be out there this Sunday or the weekend after that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know it! I may be out there this Sunday or the weekend after that.
View Quote

Well if you'r out there Sunday, keep a look out for a White Jeep, and a Guy with an Bushmaster AR, a sporterized Enfield and an Ithaca Shotgun, usually around the 100/200 yrd points.  Come over and say hello and I'll buy ya a hot dog from the vending truck. [:D]

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Congraduations and Welcome.

Hope you have a secure place to Keep it.

Please Read [size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  
^
Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]
now since youre only 15 its time to learn to accesorize. new barrel,better trigger ,up grade the scope a little,bi-pod, laser range finder. once you start to think about all the cool stuff you "have to buy". now you can understand why we all love guns the the way we do.the only differance between men and boys is the price of their toys.dont get me wrong im 37 but every time i buy a new gun i act just like it was the first time all over again.i got my first "gun" a marlin twenty two when i was 8 still have it too,but it has 26 friends to keepit company in the safe.......be safe, shoot straight.....dave
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the only differance between men and boys is the price of their toys.dont get me wrong im 37 but every time i buy a new gun i act just like it was the first time all over again.
View Quote

I can relate to that!  I can still remember my
wife's words at bedtime on the day I got my first AR (I'd had trouble setting it down, ya
know) [b]YOU AREN'T GOING TO SLEEP WITH THAT
TONIGHT, ARE YOU???????[/b]  Uh, gee, uh - no,
I'm going to stand it against the wall [b]beside
[/b] the bed.  Funny how they can read your mind.

Congrats on your new rifle LIS.  Now buy 1 box
of just about every kind of .22LR ammo you can get your hands on for it, and find out what it
likes.  It's capable of 1 hole groups @ 25yds
with it's favorite ammo, but you have to find
out what it is.  (It's a shame it can't tell you!)

-kid
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats!!!!!

My parents bought me a 77/22 when I turned 14 I guess it was........long time ago.......
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Congradulations!  Welcome!!!
 You will find many years of enjoyment out of that .22.  I got 5 of them - ain't nothing like going pliking with a brick of .22 ammo
 There some things you need to remember and those that have already posted have given good pointers.

1.  Don't point at anything unless you intend to kill it.

2.  Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to do # 1.

3.  Join the NRA or Gun Owners of America.  The NRA has Jr. programs if you are so inclined to start out at the Jr. level.  You have just started a long journey on the trail of realizing the importance and often fun times of firearm ownership.  It is your responsibility to be responsible and be able to pass the heritage on to your children and/or friends.  No other freedom ensures your rights than the one you are now enjoying.  Learn all you can but most importantly:

[b]Have Fun![/b][bounce]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can relate to that!  I can still remember my
wife's words at bedtime on the day I got my first AR (I'd had trouble setting it down, ya
know) [b]YOU AREN'T GOING TO SLEEP WITH THAT
TONIGHT, ARE YOU???????[/b]

-kid
View Quote

That's exactly what my mom said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on your first purchase. when I was 15 I got my first gun too. i hope you have fun with it and as zakode said, dont be afraid to accesorise [:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats.Ask Ruger how much a box is too.They'll probally send you one for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top