Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2001 1:47:34 PM EDT
I have a moral question for you. This is an imaginary situation, but I think it is insightful to decide what one would do.

The situation: You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed.

Let's say that you're a photographer and getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.

You come across Osama Bin Laden who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under.

You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question and think carefully before you answer the question below:

Which lens would you use?

[}:D]

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Close up so we get a good pic. of his final breath.....Hope this wasn't a trick question? Can't recall many floods or trees there..
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd hopefully have a camcorder, to videotape my buddy beating him with a stick before kicking over the edge.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a compromise?  Put down the camera.  Save his sorry ass.  While he's still recovering, tie him up.  Hang him upside down and take pics of the "Prize winning bASS"

This way you can save him, collect 5 million for his capture and make millions selling your pic to the media.

Win-Win situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top