Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2001 11:01:49 AM EDT
Since alot of people on here have post bans, and can't have a FH, what about using Mil Spec ammo (M855 or M193) that have flash inhibitors with say a bare muzzle or with a brake, is it still a huge ball of flash coming out? As opposed to using regular commercial 223? I've never shot at night so I am wondering if the FH works only with the Mil Spec stuff or will it still eliminate the flash with the 223 stuff? Thanks aheads of time guys!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:06:49 AM EDT
I've never really noticed a real big flash on any of my non fs-rifles. I think that muzzle flash only factors in when shooting full auto or if your barrel is less than 11". My .44 Desert Eagle on the other hand is a mini flame thrower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:07:30 AM EDT
I shoot M193 (Israeli Winchester Q3131A) almost exclusively from my post-ban Bushmaster. Although it has a flash inhibitor in the mix, this load produces a very bright and apparent flash. I haven't seen this as a problem as I have not seen the need to shoot at night. I believe that the flash inhibitor is intended to work hand-in-hand with the flash hider device installed on truly mil-spec weapons. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:42:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:51:46 PM EDT
I am a sworn beleiver that alot of flash signature has to do with ammo selection. I have a post-ban M4, and with M855, Q3131, 3131A, and South-African ammo it only makes a softball-sized flame at night, whereas PMC and Wolf leave a bright orange pumpkin on the end. I have fired this rifle many times at night, and with a night vision scope and higher-quality ammo, I've never had a problem with the flash causing the intensifier to shut down. I can't say the same about the cheaper stuff, thoough. havoc
Top Top