Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 4:50:22 PM EDT
I was just curious, how many here at AR15.com have applied to become an Air Marshal?
I did.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a US citizen, can't be an air marshall.  

Though I did apply for the application forms for a CCW, Canada's closest equivalent as we HAVE no air marshalls.  THREE TIMES so far.  I'm going down to my MPs office tomorrow to ask why it is that a billion dollar gun control bureaucracy can't get it together for long enough to lick a stamp.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I did.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Not me but one of the guys on my department did. They flew him to Philadelphia for the testing and interviews. He's a total puss. When he hasn't been off with some bogus injury he's been hiding out on the bike patrol or teaching D.A.R.E.. The other cops on this board know the type. Needless to say they were not impressed and sent him packing with a "Thank you for your interest in the Air Marshall service " letter.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I did, DOJ LEO already and felt like a change.
No word yet.         Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I might.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I did.  Now I'm just waiting for a letter saying "Dear Sir, Please get bent.  Thank you."
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I did, but I'm too old....
I figured, what the hell. I offered my services.
They'll turn me down, but at least I stepped up to the plate and offered my assistance. My conscience is clear.

Rich
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I most definitely would have, but the Feds discrminate based on AGE.  I'm too old.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not me but one of the guys on my department did. They flew him to Philadelphia for the testing and interviews. He's a total puss. When he hasn't been off with some bogus injury he's been hiding out on the bike patrol or teaching D.A.R.E.. The other cops on this board know the type. Needless to say they were not impressed and sent him packing with a "Thank you for your interest in the Air Marshall service " letter.
View Quote

I didnt think they started interviews yet..could he be lying to get out of work...
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
How much do they pay?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I would .... but I am way too old ... (of course I may go ahead and let them turn me down..) just think of it .... go all sorts of places ... sit in seats ... carry guns ....
And who knows .... you may get to have target practice while flying ... a new mile high club ...eh?
Ted...
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I did.  Here's the link:

[url]http://jobs.faa.gov/CIVIL_AVIATION_SECURITY.HTM[/url]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Thought about it. Downloaded the app. And am deciding if its just going to be a "fad". I personally am wondering if this will all go away in a couple of years when the American Peoples fears fade and then layoffs will ensue.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I did, but probably don't have a good shot at it.  3 other guys from work also did, no one has heard back from them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Anybody know if they will be riding in first, or in coach?  Sounds wimpy, but riding in coach all day can get old real quick.  Downloaded the app, diddn't send yet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, and here is the link to the online application:

[url]http://jobs.faa.gov/fam_online.htm[/url]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Wanted to but I dont have "normal color vision"
Mrs.Echo6 was estatic that I dident qualify.
echo6
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone heard back yet?  I filled out the app a few weeks back and was told that I would hear back "within 10 days".  Still nothing.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I just called the FAA careers number and got the following information:

- Due to the high volume of applications received, they are unable to send out initial confirmations of receipt

- Within 6 to 8 weeks of the date of application, each applicant will receive a "notice of qualification" stating whether or not the information you provided on your application disqualifies you from the position.  If you ARE qualified, what happens next is unclear.

- Please don't call and ask about the status of your application.  :)

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I was debating applying, but since they are 'swamped' with applicants and me not having any LE experience, that pretty much ensures a 'No thank you' letter back.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I received my "no thank you" letter the other day.

My father told me two of his retired FBI hunting buddies got called by the FAA and asked to submit applications with the understanding that it would be just a formality. They are really looking for cops/feds/spec ops types. None of those apply to me, so I'm ass out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I did a while back. No word yet either. Almost forgot about it until you mentioned it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I have no LE experience either, but I'm hoping that my military aircrew training gives me a leg up on others.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#24]
So a couple of Saturday's ago I'm talking to a friend who's a tough old ex-Dallas Police Dept. veteran.  We're there that morning to hear our US Representative speak.

Up walks our Rep who says hello and would the DPD vet be so kind as to get a letter requesting Air Marshall duty to his attention.  Man what a lift that has to be.  Being hand-selected by your Congressman to get duty.

Made both our days.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Got my results last Friday....it was just a print out of the online application and a cover sheet saying I qualify and that my application will be on file for one year from the day of submittal....I hope I get selected for the next step...I qualify for the lowest paid of the three levels between 35,000 and 42,000 a year.

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I did.  Now I'm just waiting for a letter saying "Dear Sir, Please get bent.  Thank you."
View Quote

Same here. I sent it in over two weeks ago and nothing yet.

Edited because I can't spell. Maybe that's why I haven't heard anything...[V]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#28]
That's all we need, more LEO's to oppress us! Why not just allow passengers to be armed. Then the Terrorists could take their guns on board, and if they were stupid enough to try and use them to hijack the plane, let them try to deal the 400 other armed passengers first! Not to mention it wouldn't cost a penny in federal tax dollars!
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's all we need, more LEO's to oppress us! Why not just allow passengers to be armed. Then the Terrorists could take their guns on board, and if they were stupid enough to try and use them to hijack the plane, let them try to deal the 400 other armed passengers first! Not to mention it wouldn't cost a penny in federal tax dollars!
View Quote

I am already LEO, I just want to be able to "OPPRESS" in the air... [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top